Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

subassembly catalog - transitions

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
annw2
482 Views, 4 Replies

subassembly catalog - transitions

Getting back into 3d after being away from it a year.

How can you tell which sub assemblies have targets and which don't?  The catalog doesn't specifiy.  It has less information than the sub assembly help.

Ann Wingert, P.E.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
miked
in reply to: annw2

In the subassenbly help scroll down to target paremeters it will list target objects or else target parameters none

NVIDIA Quadro 600
Civil3D 2012 64x
Message 3 of 5
annw2

I was hoping for a list or faster method. 

I added the basic daylight, then discovered that it doesn't seem to have an option for specifying a ditch profile, as I want a ditch in both cut & fill. (2009)

It seems I will need to use the conditional sub assembly from 2010 to do this, as I am not seeming this as an option under the other day light sub assemblies.  Or am I missing something?

I also am having problems with feature lines and gradings crashing and locking up in 2009.  I was hoping for more stability from the old LDD.  Does is get better in 2010 & 2011?

Ann Wingert, P.E.
Message 4 of 5
miked

I see - well  the basic sub assemblies were shipped with the first release of Civil 3D which was not for production.

Since that time there have been a host of new assemblies added,  that can do a lot more. I would recommend the basic assemblies not be used for production work and use the others. Not knowing what you want to achieve have a look at the DaylightBasin this one may be the solution.

Stability - 2010 not much better I noticed a little improvement over 2009 with the 3 gig switch set. Switching to windows 7 64x and up the ram to 6 gig big improvement.

2011 64x version and windows 7 64x with 8 gig better again.

NVIDIA Quadro 600
Civil3D 2012 64x
Message 5 of 5
annw2
in reply to: miked

The daylight basin might work. Works great for swales cross country.  Will look into parameters again.

I was hoping for excavated swale instead of filled berm swale though.  A filled berm swale will result in 2 parralel swales that need to be stabilized.

The link slope to surface, then cut swale in, the back up to surface is more what I had in mind, but that would be a conditional subassembly for fill conditions only & 2009 doesn't do that.

Ann Wingert, P.E.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report