Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sub-assembly display

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
MichaelNolan5481
228 Views, 3 Replies

sub-assembly display

How do you get rid of sub-assembly cross section lines in the plan view? I have a simple roadway with subassembly applied every 25 feet. The subassembly is showing up in my plan view every 25 ft. which i want to hide the display of. Thanks, Mike
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
klugb
in reply to: MichaelNolan5481

It is controlled by the "Code Set Style" that was used to setup your corridor.
Go into your corridor properties, click on the "Codes" tab and make note of which one was set, in my case I have one that is "Codes for Corridor"

The linework that is perpendicular to CL are controlled by the "Link" code in your set. I didn't like seeing all the section lines either so I have most of these set to "_No Display", see image. If you change the code set style ONLY these lines are linked back to the code set.

Now this is where it's fun, the feature line codes that are ORIGINALLY part of that codes set are separated out to the "feature lines" tab. This is the linework that is parallel with CL. I have mine set to only show CL, EOP, CURB (face,gutter, top, back), SIDEWALK, HINGE, and DAYLIGHTS.

Once you have created a corridor you have to change these within the corridor, but if you standardize the settings then you can setup the code set style and force that one to be the default in the command settings:
Settings tab- Corridor- Commands- Create Corridor- Default Styles- Code Set Style

Bruce
Bruce Klug, P.E.
AutoCAD Expert Elite Alumni
AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2023.2.1

Win 10 Enterprise, 64-bit
Message 3 of 4

thanks for bringing my drawing out of the amateur class!! Mike
Message 4 of 4
klugb
in reply to: MichaelNolan5481

Glad I could help. I have received enough help from this group I think I still owe a few.

Bruce
Bruce Klug, P.E.
AutoCAD Expert Elite Alumni
AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2023.2.1

Win 10 Enterprise, 64-bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report