Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

style, text insert

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
rfg018
266 Views, 5 Replies

style, text insert

Can a expresion be use for text anchor point or Attachement?

I looking at using the ML or MR based on if the distance is Plus or Minus.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
machadt
in reply to: rfg018

Hi Robert<

I am not sure what your question is, could you please give more details on what you would like to accomplish?

Thank you,

Tatiana Machado
AEC-ENI Application Engineer
Message 3 of 6
BrianHailey

Unfortunately, the only thing an expression will return is a number. You can use that number in the X and Y offset to adjust the label but you can change the attachment point using an expression. I've longed for the time that an expression would return a string or even a boolean but alas, currently it only returns a number.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 4 of 6
rfg018

I want to have a Label, with two component, I have an expression  to rotate the text (perper to mirror), and I have the text to plan read, the problem is the two componet, are in the wrong place. 

With plan read off, the text is in the wrong place.  My options it to have style for each options/angle, but since I'm using reference text, ever time I change the stye, the reference text goes to none.  Plus this take time.

I going to look at using the x y offset, but I'm not sure If I can calc the length of the text.

Thanks for the idea.

Message 5 of 6
machadt

Maybe if you show us an image of what you would like to do, we could give you some ideas.

Tatiana Machado
AEC-ENI Application Engineer
Message 6 of 6
BrianHailey

Not exactly sure what you are trying (as Tatiana suggests, perhaps an image would help us). Also, check out the "Flip Anchors with Text" option. Perhaps that will help you get what you want.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report