Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

strange number sequence when converting autocad points to civil 3d points

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Fantoon
784 Views, 8 Replies

strange number sequence when converting autocad points to civil 3d points

Hello,

I'm having an interesting problem when converting autocad points to civil 3d points, the sequence doesn't make any sense. I can't share my model but I can show you my settings in the "Create point toolbox".

"Edited with a print screen caption"

Thanks

AutoCad 2019 & Civil3D 2019.
Lenovo P52
Intel i7 8850H @ 2.6GHz
32 GB RAM
512 GB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P2000
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
AllenJessup
in reply to: Fantoon

In what way do they not make sense? Are they offset, random or something else? Is it possible that points in this range already exist?

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
Fantoon
in reply to: AllenJessup

I want my numbers to be numbered 1.2.3....1xx, next series: 201, 203...3xx etc. The first selection has the 1xx so points and the second has 201-3xx points. But they won't behave.

Lenovo P52
Intel i7 8850H @ 2.6GHz
32 GB RAM
512 GB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P2000
Message 4 of 9
ctbailey

Point handling and Point renumbering occurs if there is a collision.

To work around "needing" a collision, you'll need to know the following:

1. The additional imports of points will not crash into previous "point sets" like the 1xx series, or the 2xx series

2. You'll need to know the first point number of the next set you wish to import

3. Set the create points settings as follows:

Point number offset = the calculated difference from your first point number and 2xx series

If Point numbers are supplied = Add an Offset

This should allow you to renumber the Raw points from sub sequent imports into the 1xx, 2xx, and so on series in your drawing.

_______
Craig T. Bailey, PE, LLS, PSM
Bailey Associates
www.bailey-associates.com
Message 5 of 9
Fantoon
in reply to: ctbailey

Thanks for you reply, I will use your techniques in my upcoming project where I have proper starting files.

The project I'm working on right now involves autocad points that are already in a drawing, I converted these points using the convert autocad points command using the settings in my attached files. I get my numbers from 1-1xx alright, but the order does not make any sense. My first point is showing as 91, followed by 5, 92, 93, 94, 4, 95, 96, 97, 98, 3 etc.

Btw, I noticed that I wrote number sequence in my subject, number order would have been a better choice, I think. 

Thanks

Lenovo P52
Intel i7 8850H @ 2.6GHz
32 GB RAM
512 GB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P2000
Message 6 of 9
AllenJessup

Are you talking about the position of the points on the screen, i.e.. point 98 is furthest to the NW and point 3 is next to it. Or are you referring to the order in the point list. If it's the order in the point list. Try resorting the list by point #.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 9
AllenJessup

I did a little experimentation and it looks like the point numbers will be assigned in the order of the creation of the AutoCAD points. So if the points appear scattered across the screen. It's because they were created in that order.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 8 of 9
Fantoon

Yes, the points displayed on screen 😃

Lenovo P52
Intel i7 8850H @ 2.6GHz
32 GB RAM
512 GB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P2000
Message 9 of 9
Fantoon

I see, thank you very much!

Lenovo P52
Intel i7 8850H @ 2.6GHz
32 GB RAM
512 GB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P2000

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report