Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spot shots, top of curb

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Scott Wolfe
190 Views, 4 Replies

spot shots, top of curb

I used corridor modeling to create streets in my subdivision.
In the North Texas area, we provide the builder with a pad to build a house on, thus requiring a lot grading plan.
now, I'm trying to do a lot grading plan and would like spot shots at the property corners along the newly designed street and top of curb. the only surface defining these right now is the corridor surface. when I go to insert the point, C3D will not allow me to use the corridor surface to insert a point. I kind of thought that corridor modeling was the way to go for designing the roads. maybe there is another way that would work better for this type of subdivision design.

any thoughts?

Scott Wolfe
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Scott Wolfe

Do you want true points or simply labels? You can go to Terrain-Label and use the functionality there with a point and label style to achieve what you need I think. Oh, but make sure you have a Surface in Prospector under surfaces, not just in Corridors. HTH -- James Wedding, P.E. Technology Manager Associate Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G LDT2005+C3D http://au.autodesk.com Sign up now for AU2004!
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Corridor>Export>Corridor Surfaces You'll have a new surface in the prospector and you can label TC's relative to that... sm -- Scott McEachron The D.C. CADD Company "Scott Wolfe" wrote in message news:30321450.1100542413193.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... >I used corridor modeling to create streets in my subdivision. > In the North Texas area, we provide the builder with a pad to build a > house on, thus requiring a lot grading plan. > now, I'm trying to do a lot grading plan and would like spot shots at the > property corners along the newly designed street and top of curb. the > only surface defining these right now is the corridor surface. when I go > to insert the point, C3D will not allow me to use the corridor surface to > insert a point. I kind of thought that corridor modeling was the way to > go for designing the roads. maybe there is another way that would work > better for this type of subdivision design. > > any thoughts? > > Scott Wolfe
Message 4 of 5
Scott Wolfe

Thanks, This worked
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Glad to help. By the way, you can export the corridor feature lines as well and then grade back through the lots - add the pads to the top and you're good to go. sm -- Scott McEachron The D.C. CADD Company - Dallas "Scott Wolfe" wrote in message news:15422750.1100551913246.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Thanks, This worked

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report