Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

special lines

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
willpyle7693
2011 Views, 5 Replies

special lines

In land desktop there used to be a command called special lines where you could draw lines that looked like a tree line, etc. I don't have a linetype that looks like what i want in civil 3d and i cannot find any "special lines". How can i create these lines or is there somewhere i can download linetype files that might contain something that could work.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
rl_jackson
in reply to: willpyle7693

If you go to the express tools on the ribbon, and then pick the tools pull down, you'll see the Make Lintype command, this should get you where you need to be...

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
jmayo-EE

If you still have LDD installed on your PC you have a linetype file that has similar lines. Search your PC or network share for a file called AeccLand.lin.

THis file has the rock wall and other special line patterns with the huge benefit of not weighing your file down with a bunch of tiny blocks to represent the lines. You get actual lines.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 4 of 6

Have you looked in the AeccLand.lin file that ships with Civil 3D? It contains all the fence and tree line styles that were part of LDT.

Regards,

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 6

I ported this over too long ago. I didn't know it ships with C3D.

Thanks Peter.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
antoniovinci

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report