Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sorting segment table

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Joe-Bouza
2423 Views, 11 Replies

sorting segment table

I'l like to sort an alignment segment table by it direction. I added a start station field into the table but the curve do not get a station, why? Can it be made to do so?

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Jay_B
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Joe,

Is this sort of what your trying to accomplish or?

Alignment Table.PNG

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 12
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: Jay_B

Hi Jay
Thats exactly what I'm trying to do, and I'd like the segment start and end station. And if I could get a reference alignment in it too I'd be golden. What did I miss to get the station of the curves?

Joe Bouza
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 12
Jay_B

I'm assuming you're already aware that step one is to Add "Multiple Segment" Labels to the Alignment.

For the curve stationing, add a second entry in Table Style, here's what the Table Style looks like:

Table Style.PNG

As for the End Station, C3d doesn't do this but I've came up with a pretty good workaround to make it happen.

Add an extra PI to the end of the Alignment 0.001 in length and the end station will display in the table:

Align tbl end sta.PNG

For the Reference Alignment thing, can you elaborate on that? Or post a caption, I'm not understanding what it is you wish to do.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 5 of 12
Joe-Bouza

I see what you did.

The reference alignment: I have this road job and I made all my curb lines, alignments. The client likes to have a table of curb length with the construction baseline station offset referencing the curb geometry points PC,PT, and any kinks for tapers, etc. If I could get that in the segent table it would be amazing. Otherwise, I'll have to add that info separately somehow.

Joe Bouza

EESignature

Message 6 of 12
Jay_B

So those are likely either Offset or Miscellaneous Type and not Centerline alignments.

I've not used it that way but just tried a quick test of an even 13' Offset Alignment and had no problem

creating a Table of it. Same for a ROW line Miscellaneous Align type.

So I'm thinking the answer is yes you should be able to report those in a Segment Table.

OS Misc Tbl.PNG

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 7 of 12
Joe-Bouza

are those the stations of the line or a parent alignment?

here is a picture of what I'm trying to do: Align A is to be tabulated and I'd like  align BL stationing to be referenced.

station_table.png

Joe Bouza

EESignature

Message 8 of 12
Jay_B

@Joe-Bouza wrote:

are those the stations of the line or a parent alignment?

Joe,

Unfortunately they are per alignment from it's BOP, I knew this but fell for the bait since my Centerline alignment started at 0+00

which for me is rare.

@Anonymous I change C/L BOP to 30+00 then yes the Curb & ROW align's begin @ 0+00 from the BOP of those Alignments.

Sorry for misleading you but I can't think of anyway to have them be merely a Sta./Off of the parent alignment.

That just seems all to logical. Smiley Very Happy

Just curious, is your stationing for that secondary alignment in your caption stationing copacetic with the parent beyond the BOP

or is it on it's own stationing after BOP as well?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

Kind of related, but I've done a table like this previously but for feature lines and it works okay; except for some reason the Line Numbering takes into consideration Curves. For example: L1, L2, C1, L4, C2, C3, L7. Would you have any idea why this might be happening? I've been checking my settings and I can't find out why it's happening.
Message 10 of 12
Joe-Bouza

Too logical indeed. We are given the ability to display parent sta off as in my example, like a design needs so why not a table.

Not sure what you are seeing in the stationing? what I am showing is a arbitrary example. I may get where you are heading : should align A station start at a BL = 0+12.
I could do that and it might be close enough

Joe Bouza

EESignature

Message 11 of 12
Jay_B

Joe,

AFAIK, The way C3d stations the BOP for what I call secondary Alignments (Miscellaneous & Offset types)

is to assign 0+00 the BOP.

So if I have my C/L BOP set to 30+00 then even though my "Offset type" curb Left starts @ say 30+33 LT, the BOP

for curb lt is set @ 0+00. And same for my Misc. type ROW rt starts @ 0+30 Rt, the BOP for ROW rt is set @ 0+00.

This is as you know not an issue for Sta. / Offsets off the parent etc. but try to use any of them as independent

and the will be incorrect and by incorrect I mean they will not have any direct correlation.

To be fair here though if the secondary alignments did actually jive with the parent then the software

would have to add station equations etc. as in Highway work to correct up the stationing

every so often.

Using OOTB C3d I can't think of an automated method of creating a table like your after.

The only way I can think of to dynamically show your secondary align in a table is maybe the Sincpac

Dynamic Station/Offset Table could help here?

Haven't tested this but here's what I think may work if you have Sincpac-3d:

In C3d, Create Points Command>Alignment> this will place Cogo Points @ all of your Horiz

align geometry.

Then In Sincpac create a Dynamic Station/Offset Table.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 12 of 12
Joe-Bouza

I don't know why I don't have SPC3D already.

Thanks

Joe Bouza

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report