Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

snap to survey figures

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
asloat
437 Views, 3 Replies

snap to survey figures

Hoping this is a simple question for breakfast;

One of my users is trying to snap a polyline to a vertex of a survey figure. The problem is the snap will only go to one vertex in the figure and not to any other vertexes. Is there a setting that controls snaping to figures so that you can select any vertex of the figure and not just one?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rl_jackson
in reply to: asloat

Are the figures at elevation? If so try using a feature line instead. Or use the PN transparent commands. Some times figures will get a little flake with osnaps.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
asloat
in reply to: rl_jackson

Yes, the feature line is at elevation, but the line being drawn to it is a property line and we wouldn't use a feature line to represent a property line, just a regular polyline. I am not familiar with what you mean by using PN transparent. 

Message 4 of 4
rl_jackson
in reply to: asloat

PM.png

'PN transparent

Begin you line, at your end point and selet the 'PN to give the point number for the next vertex. If you doing a property line you should be able to just set a point. and go node to node as well. I dont use polylines for property lines. I use parcel segments (more power in the punch)

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report