Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow line regeneration

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
97 Views, 1 Reply

slow line regeneration

Could someone please tell me what to do about slow line regeneration. When I draw a line from point to point it takes forever to see the line on the screen. What gives?
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
alberto_go
in reply to: Anonymous

Try purging some layers and stuff that you don't need. Make sure not to have lots of project objects in one single file (surfaces, alignments, profiles, etc), you're better off creating shortcuts, if that was the case.

On the other hand, do you have many poltting styles? How do you have structured you plotting styles and printer configurations? If you had your plotting styles as per project or per ranges, you can just set them to that specific range. You can do this by: Optiones/Files/Printer Support File Path/Plot Style Table Search Path/, then you can select that specific range for the plot files you'll be using. Same goes for the printer configuration path. When you have many styles and configurations set in your path, it make regen of your drawing super slow. That worked out for me.

Give it a try

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report