Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

size of contour labels in an xref

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
wbrustle
3974 Views, 4 Replies

size of contour labels in an xref

I have a basemap with labeled contours and the text sizes I am using all look good both in model and paper space, but when I xref the same basemap into another drawing, the xref of the basemap looks good in model space but the size of the labels on the contours from the basemap in paper space look way to small.............any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: wbrustle

@wbrustle wrote:

I but when I xref the same basemap into another drawing, the xref of the basemap looks good in model space but the size of the labels on the contours from the basemap in paper space look way to small.............any ideas?

Does the VP scale match the MS scale of the xrefd contour file?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 5
wbrustle
in reply to: Jay_B

Yes it does

Wendy J. Brustle, Cadd operator

Laberge Group

4 Computer Drive West

Albany, New York 12205

Phone (518) 458-7112 FAX (518) 458-1879

wbrustle@labergegroup.com
Message 4 of 5
troma
in reply to: wbrustle

What about this setting?

plot.png

These units need to match your paperspace units.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 5 of 5
wbrustle
in reply to: troma

I checked my plot settings and all looks good. I have researched a little more and found a quick fix to the problem I had earlier with the display of the contour labels. They suggested just labeling the contours (from the basemap) in the drawing that the basemap is xref'd into, so I did what was suggested by turning off the labels in the basemap and labeling the xref'd basemap and the labels came out the correct size. Someone else made a comment about how Civil 3D objests (like a TIN surface) don't work well in sharing between drawings, but to me seems like a lot more work to have to label the contours live in every drawing that the basemap is xref'd into....We sometimes xref the basemap into 5 or 6 different design drawings for big projects....there has to be an easier way...thanks to all in advance for any help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report