Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

show retaining wall assembly in profile

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1249 Views, 4 Replies

show retaining wall assembly in profile

I am working on a project where we are installing a 6-8' high sound barrier wall near the right-of-way line of a roadway. I have modeled the wall using both the OOTB vertical retaining wall subassembly as well as a one-off assembly created from a polyline. in both cases, the wall is located correctly and shows up in the section views, but I can't figure out how to show the wall in the profile views short of 'pencil-whipping' it in. Dows anyone have any insights on how best to acomplish this?

Thanks,

~g

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
awood
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you extract a feature line from the retaining wall corridor object and then project it into profile.

HTH

AWood

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

I have a similar problem... thinking I should model electric conduit using an assembly, alignment and profile... but I will need to be able to show it in other profile views as a 'crossing'.    Using an assembly is necessary since the pipe network tools do not allow for vertical curves and I don't want to model the conduit with many short pipes. 

Message 4 of 5
jmayo-EE

You need an alignment & profile for top and bottom of wall. Superimpose the top of wall profile into the bottom of wall profile view or vice versa.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
jmayo-EE
in reply to: awood

I would think that awoods method is best but I have an issue with corridor extracted feature lines losing cuvres in 10 & 11.

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report