Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

show cut/fill volumes on profile view

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
wang890
1007 Views, 1 Reply

show cut/fill volumes on profile view

can you show cut/fill volumes as such (see attached) on profile view?

i haven't look extensively into the mass haul diagram in recent years maybe that one has something to show a table like this by station range?

having the dynamic relationship is key.

i personally don't like the idea of showing these. extremely time consuming. my last big highway project got built without showing these volumes on the profile but we provided seperate MTO obviously.

now doing mining and LNG, i really don't think it's a big deal. but not my call anyways.

Stantec
Dell Precision 5530, Prism M320PU, C3D 14/17/19
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
sboon
in reply to: wang890

We create the same tables in our sheet drawings.  Our process is semi-automated - we use Excel to convert a volume report from Civil3d at 20m intervals into one that reports at 200m then we hand enter them into an ACad table.  It's actually pretty quick and easy to check the drawings against the printed spreadsheet.

I've never tried it, but it should be possible to create sections at 100m intervals and then produce volumes using the composite method.  There is a profile view band style for sectional data which does include options for displaying incremental or cumulative volumes.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report