Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shoreline grading

23 REPLIES 23
Message 1 of 24
ice_a
1012 Views, 23 Replies

shoreline grading

no excuses but i don't know how to do this correctly and efficiently:

if you are asked to grade a lake with proposed (really) curvy shoreline (let say elevation 39) to lots of proposed depressions in the lake, let say one of the depression is at elevation15)- imagine the bottom of the lake is like the moon with lots of deep craters - how would you do it?...oh, i also need to make all the contours really curvy, i tried to add breaklines on the surface BUT most of the time it does not work...any idea?

23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24
ice_a
in reply to: jmayo-EE

You are right, it was a lesson learned that sometimes creating feature lines to define the contours instead of utilizing different grading properties is a better option. Thanks for the idea!

Message 22 of 24
ice_a
in reply to: sboon

Thank you! Great suggestion, i followed and it worked!

Message 23 of 24
ice_a
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Thank you for all the ideas, it finally worked and I'm halfway there! But, be warned I'm just warming up throwing up all my silly questions.

Message 24 of 24
jgrove1975
in reply to: ice_a

to get nice curves like you want, after you build the surface, go to surface properties, and change your contour smoothing setting..  I know its late for this post, but that will help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report