Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shift to deselect - settings change withing individual drawing file

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Nikki101
2342 Views, 4 Replies

shift to deselect - settings change withing individual drawing file

After reviewing many similar topics, I am still at a loss here.  We are finding that the settings for using shift to deselect items seem to be changing within individual drawing files. 

I open 2 drawing files.  In one, the shift/deselect works fine, but in the other is does not deselect anything...

Further - within the non-working drawing file, the option to activate 2 hotpoints on a line and then stretch that line no longer works either.

Like everyone dealing with these shift/select/deselect issues, we are wasting an extreme amount of time trying to resolve issues that never seemed to be issues with past versions.

Does anyone know the solution to this?  Or is it a glitch. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Rob

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Nikki101
in reply to: Nikki101

So as it turns out, I was unaware that the file which was not working, had an image loaded within it. 

As some of the other related posts suggested - when the image was loaded, the MAPIOPTIONS had automatically checked its' "Shift+Left Click Image Select" box, which in turn changed the way the shift/deselect options worked for all objects within that drawing file.

Even though all of the PICKFIRST, PICKADD, PICKSTTYLE.... settings were set appropriately, as well as the "selection" settings within OPTIONS, this MAPIOPTIONS setting overrides everything else.

I hope this helps others in the future...

Rob

Message 3 of 5
neilyj666

What version is this in??

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 4 of 5
troma

I had this in C3D 2011.

Why is everything Shift + Click?

Sure I might want a handy way to select an image, but why can't we use Ctrl + Click or Alt + Click?

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 5 of 5
Nikki101
in reply to: neilyj666

This was in Civil 3D 2013

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report