AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Valued Contributor
RobR88
Message 1 of 5 (752 Views)
Accepted Solution

shift to deselect - settings change withing individual drawing file

752 Views, 4 Replies
01-16-2013 07:17 AM

After reviewing many similar topics, I am still at a loss here.  We are finding that the settings for using shift to deselect items seem to be changing within individual drawing files. 

I open 2 drawing files.  In one, the shift/deselect works fine, but in the other is does not deselect anything...

Further - within the non-working drawing file, the option to activate 2 hotpoints on a line and then stretch that line no longer works either.

Like everyone dealing with these shift/select/deselect issues, we are wasting an extreme amount of time trying to resolve issues that never seemed to be issues with past versions.

Does anyone know the solution to this?  Or is it a glitch. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Rob

Valued Contributor
RobR88
Message 2 of 5 (749 Views)

Re: shift to deselect - settings change withing individual drawing file

01-16-2013 07:35 AM in reply to: RobR88

So as it turns out, I was unaware that the file which was not working, had an image loaded within it. 

As some of the other related posts suggested - when the image was loaded, the MAPIOPTIONS had automatically checked its' "Shift+Left Click Image Select" box, which in turn changed the way the shift/deselect options worked for all objects within that drawing file.

Even though all of the PICKFIRST, PICKADD, PICKSTTYLE.... settings were set appropriately, as well as the "selection" settings within OPTIONS, this MAPIOPTIONS setting overrides everything else.

I hope this helps others in the future...

Rob

*Expert Elite*
neilyj
Message 3 of 5 (730 Views)

01-16-2013 08:42 AM in reply to: RobR88

What version is this in??

neilyj
(No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)

IDSP Premium 2015 (mainly Civil 3D 2015 UKIE & Infraworks with some limited 3ds Max Design)
Win 7 Pro x64, 240Gb SSD, 1Tb HDD
32Gb Ram Intel Xeon CPU E5-2650 v2 @ 2.6GHz (32 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
NVIDIA Quadro K4000, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell T5610
*Expert Elite*
troma
Message 4 of 5 (721 Views)

01-16-2013 09:31 AM in reply to: RobR88

I had this in C3D 2011.

Why is everything Shift + Click?

Sure I might want a handy way to select an image, but why can't we use Ctrl + Click or Alt + Click?

Credit where credit is due! Give kudos or accept as solution whenever you can.

Valued Contributor
RobR88
Message 5 of 5 (710 Views)

01-16-2013 01:53 PM in reply to: neilyj

This was in Civil 3D 2013

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs