Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

service pack 3.1 for C3D2010

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
sfore
250 Views, 5 Replies

service pack 3.1 for C3D2010

Finally jumped on the 64-bit wagon and was installing service packs and configuring C3D 2010 and C3D 2011.  Our IT guy had service packs in the deployment for 2010, but only up to Version 3 (service pack 2).

I installed sub adv pack first, then service pack 3.1. When I looked on Help/About, I was expecting to see Version 4.  Instead I see only Version: D.309.0.0

Is this the same as Version 4?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mathewkol
in reply to: sfore

If you were able to install 3.1 you have the correct version.

Any reason you chose to go 64 bit when using 2010?
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 6
rnoyes

Matt:

I am not sfore, but we went to 64 bit with C3D 2010 because of stability.  Switching to the 64 bit OS has had a substantial reduction in the out of memory messages from Civil 3D and has also reduced crashing in comparision to XP Sp3.

I am our primary C3D support person and I wish I had a specific number for you, but I dont so all I can say is we have seen a SIGNIFICANT reduction in crashing with the change.

HTH

Message 4 of 6
rnoyes
in reply to: rnoyes

and yes I realize it is still a 32 bit application running on a 64 bit OS.  But the ability to maximize the amount of system resorces available has made a difference.  I cant wait til we deploy 2012 as a true 64 bit app on a 64 bit OS.  Our users who switched OS had a significant reduction in crashes as I mentioned above.  We had tried the 3GB switch in XP and still found an improvement when we went to Win7 64bit.

Message 5 of 6
sfore
in reply to: mathewkol

It's just the way it worked out.  I was scheduled to get a new 64-bit computer a while back when I started using C3D 2011, but just got around to getting it and setting everything up.  I still have a few projects setup with 2010 that are 95% complete and didn't want to switch over to 2011 due to issues with cross sections and such.  Once these projects are done, then I'm done with C3D 2010.

Message 6 of 6
mathewkol

Excellent. Glad to hear it made a significant difference.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report