Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scale bar visibility states

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
bgriffin291
1711 Views, 6 Replies

scale bar visibility states

I am trying to add visibility states to the scale block with the dropdown menu that allows you to change the bar scale to whatever you want.

Officially, its called scalebar2_imperial.

The existing scale has 10, 20, 30, 50, 100, 200 and 500.  It skips 40, 300 and 400.  When I try adding a new visibility state it changes whatever the current visibility state is.

How do I add a new visibilty state without messing up the existing ones?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
emelendez
in reply to: bgriffin291

You will need to start in the definition of the block being used. When in the block definition (block editor) type in bvstate. it should bring up a new dialog box that will allow you to create a new state (on right side of box). it will ask you what you want to do with the existing items that have been already defined. read through them and select the appropriate button. they are pretty self explanatory. after that you will need to set that new view state current (pulldown box in the visibility tab of the ribbon) and create your objects you want to add to that style.

Hope this helps. 

Edwin Melendez
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 Certified Professional
Certification No. 00319327
Message 3 of 7
bgriffin291
in reply to: emelendez

That is exactly what I have been doing and it isn't working.

After I create the new state, I select "Leave visibility of existing object unchanged in new state", click OK and the new state is set as the current.

I change what I want, but then the state that was current before I created the new one is basically a duplicate of the new one.

Message 4 of 7
jmayo-EE
in reply to: bgriffin291

Look at the Visibility tab on the Ribbon. You need to go through the visibility states dropdown for each new scale and edit the text values.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
jmayo-EE
in reply to: jmayo-EE

That's not working either.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
jmayo-EE

Change the dropdown to one of the new scales. You need to either copy the text in place, hide one set (look in the Visibility tab for the button) and then edit the copy - or - hide the text and make new text strings for the new state. I got it working.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
bgriffin291

That's it.  Order of operations:

1.  Make a new state.

2.  Copy old text.

3.  Make old text invisible with the "Make Invisible" button.

4.  Change new text to whatever.

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report