Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

save and crash

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
sfore
266 Views, 2 Replies

save and crash

See pic.  Everytime I save, it either promts this and closes or prompts fatal error: exception reading...

The drawing actually saves according to modified date in Windows, but it crashes.  I sent error report to Autodesk, they sent back Hotfix 3.  I installed it but drawing is still crashing.

It's been a while since I've experienced anything like this.  My Design.dwg size is only 8mb. I have 1 xref to Base.dwg which is 30mb.  The Design.dwg has 3 shape files (wetlands, streams etc) and a Data Reference to the surface which resides in the Base.dwg.  Also, in Design.dwg, there are 23 layout tabs from which I used sheet set manager to sheet 50 scale drawings.  I have an extensive Pipe Network that contains existing and proposed structures/pipes as well as 12,300' of profiles.

The problem started last week when I tried xrefing in a third party survey drawing of located maholes with dip information.  It kept coming in shifted in my drawing, but if i copied and pasted, it would come in correctly as far as location.  I even posted a question here as to why the shift when xreffing.  I eventually found an aecc contour bug in his drawing and eliminated that (I guess he used Land Desktop).  The drawing would then xref in just fine as far as location.  I started having these save issues, so I eliminated the drawing all together once I lowered my pipes down to surveyed information.  I'm still experiencing these save issues and not sure how to fix it.

Any ideas as to what is causing this and what steps I can take to resolve this????

Shawn

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
sfore
in reply to: sfore

to add to original post:

If I'm in one of my layouts and click save, it's fine.  It only crashes when I'm in model space.

Message 3 of 3
sboon
in reply to: sfore

Try all the usual fixes:

Recover the drawing into CAD.

Purge the Regapps.

Purge everything else that isn't necessary.

Open the drawing in plain ACad and try saving from there.

The list is a lot longer, but start with these.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report