Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sample line swath edit

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
ryan.beisaw
1241 Views, 7 Replies

sample line swath edit

Does anyone know why I cant edit theswath of my sample line? I have a right offset of 50' and I want to add the left offset to 50' (which is currently 0) and it wont let me do that. It wont allow me a left offset at all for some reason. Any ideas would be very helpful.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Your post doesn't indicate what version you're using.  Can you not Grip Edit the end of the line, or under the Sample Line Group in the prospector, can you not change the value of the individual sample line width there?  

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 3 of 8

Oh sorry. There is no grip arrow to grab to extend out and in the sample line editor i can type in 50' to replace the 0, but nothing happens. its like its only recognized as a "right" sample line and cant be extended beyond 0 for the left side.

C3D 2011

Message 4 of 8

When you select the Sample Line, not the label, you should get a grip to edit the swath width, see attached.  If you are selecting the sample line and not getting the grip, perhaps your drawing has an issue.  Have you tried all the usual audit/purge/repair solutions?

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User

Message 5 of 8
sjg
Advisor
in reply to: ryan.beisaw

Instead of 50 put -50 since it is to the left of the centerline a negative value
Steve Goessling
Land Consultants
Civil3D 2015
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 600
Message 6 of 8
ryan.beisaw
in reply to: ryan.beisaw

Right, I understand what you are talking about with the grips, but there is no triangle grip on the end of the line to extend the sample line out. The first time this sample line was created, it was intended to only have a right swath of 50. Then weeks later, the engineer decides they want to show information on the other side of the alignment and create a left swath of 50 as well. This option to extend the sample line left 50(from 0) doesnt appear to be available for some reason.

If the sample line is recreated all together its possible to make a new one with 50 left and 50 right no problem, but to edit the original, does not appear to work. This would not be an issue if it was a few sample lines but there are many, not all at even intervals with section views already created and information manually drawn into them. Editing the current sample lines would be very helpful, but doesnt seem possible, eeeek! haha

Thanks for your help though! just affraid these are all going to have to be recreated, ugh!

Message 7 of 8

Can you post the drawing? If it's too big for posting here, maybe upload it to Dropbox or some other hosting site, or use YouSendIt. You didn't mention if you audited/purged/repaired the drawing.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User

Message 8 of 8

Thanks for your help. I was trying to figure this out for a co-worker, but he just re-created each sample line and fixed it by doing it over. It wasnt an audit/purge issue though.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report