Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sample line frequency

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1359 Views, 7 Replies

sample line frequency

Hi,

I have a road corridor and need to create sample lines at a 50m interval, as well as at every horizontal and vertical turning point. While the 50m stations and the horizontal turning points are easy to add (using the alignment), I can't seem to find where/how to add the vertical points (they have to be extracted from the profile).

Running the Feature Line Report I noticed the horizontal turning points are not used in the report: it only reports the 50m stations (so I guess the same will happen to the vertical points?).

Any help how to add the vertical turning points to the sample line group and how to include both horizontal and vertical points in the Feature Line Report would be greatly appreciated.

I'm using C3D2011.

Thanks in advance!

M_Grey

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jmayo-EE
in reply to: Anonymous

When you go to the corridor properties, Parameters tab and click on one of the Frequency buttons you should see options to include vertical geometry in the samples. Is this set to include vertical geom?  

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
jmayo-EE

Sorry I think you rgoing to have to add these in manually snapping to the coriddor. If your using the Craet Sample Lines By Range command from the Create Sample Lines toolbar.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Yes, that option is turned on ("yes" to all five options).

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Oh wow, entering them manually will be a lot or work (and leaves plenty of room for mistakes). Do you know how I can include them in the reports?

Message 6 of 8
Jay_B

"Any help how to add the vertical turning points to the sample line group"

I'm not sure I follow what your trying to do but this may help if you have the corridor set up how you want the sections.

corr stations.PNG

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 7 of 8
jmayo-EE
in reply to: Jay_B

That could be a real good option Jay depending on the coriddor but it may lead to just as much time deleting extra sample lines unless you temporarily set very large frequency distances for tangents and hor curves. Even if the OP decides to do it manually setting these temporary frequencies can help identify the verticals with the coriddor.

I don't do much with the reports in C3D but I wonder if you create Flines over the vertical curves only you may be able to get some report data to work with.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 8 of 8
bnoyesH8WJJ

You can do that by selecting "by station range" and setting in that dialog "True" under Sampling Increments. See attached 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report