Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

revise horizontal alignment

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Kahea_W
506 Views, 4 Replies

revise horizontal alignment

I am trying to revise my horizontal alignment by dragging it to locations.  It is not adjusting the way i want around curves, it keeps moving one end when i change the other.  Is this because the lines are fixed?  I am working in civil3d 2010, is there a way to change the constraints or revise it correctly?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mathewkol
in reply to: Kahea_W

Toughj to say without a visual. One thing I can say is that you can't chanhe constraints in 2010.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 5
castled071049

As the last poster said, you can't change the constraints in 2010, but beginning with 2012 you can. Nice feature, that.

My quick and dirty solution in 2010 and 2011 was to use the Edit Alignment Geometry tools and delete the problematic curves (I assume it's curves giving you the problem), snap the remaining tangents to their new PI, and recreate the curve again using the same tools. It takes but seconds to do.

Message 4 of 5
Kahea_W

Thanks guys,  I will try that.  Trying to get my company to 2012, I guess 2013 now. 

Have a great day!!

Message 5 of 5
Sinc

I'd hold off on moving everyone to 2013 until some of the bugs are fixed.  If you're trying to get work done, last thing you want is to keep fighting the string of bugs that are currently being found.

Sinc

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report