Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

restoring c3d.cuix

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
1232 Views, 1 Reply

restoring c3d.cuix

I have a user who lost his Civil 3d menus for 2013 - only EXPRESS appears in the menu bar.  We went into CUI and right clicked on CIVIL workspace list and chose restore C3d.cuix.  We get a message that we need to load modeldoc.cuix.  From my research this menu is not available in C3d.  So how do we restore our CUI with this blocking our ability to fix the problem?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dgorsman
in reply to: Anonymous

Restoring the OOTB CUIx file may not solve the problem, at least not directly.  What UI (user interface) elements are shown is determined by the current workspace, and 9 times out of ten if something is not showing, etc. making the workspace current will fix it.  I've seen this particular problem a couple of times, and its usually from a last-available workspace being made current although its not available.  Sometimes it happens when the workspace is set to auto-save all changes and hte user launches the program, which subsequently can't find the dependant CUIx files on a missing network drive.

Its also important to know what is being used as the Main CUIx and the Enterprise CUIx files, as that will determine where the workspace settings are stored and if they can be modified.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report