Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reference text / text fields

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
rfg018
6728 Views, 4 Replies

reference text / text fields

hi;

I would like to add the sheet number to my details: example: "see detail on sheet ???", and "match line see sheet ???".

I do not know at this time what the sheet numbers are and will change based on sheet set manager and number of drawings.  if I'm in the layout, get the field information is easy. 

Question:

1. How do you reference a different layout sheet number to other layout or model space.

2. Also I would like to reference text, so If I change the text, all text would change.  I use blocks for this now and this would be used for construction notes which are dupicated on mult sheet (edit one, and all are updated)

any pointer would be helpful.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
LyleHardin
in reply to: rfg018

If
Message 3 of 5
LyleHardin
in reply to: LyleHardin

Wow... I don't know what happened. I had a big, beautifully written explanation and it posted one word of it....

If you use sheet sets, it's really easy to reference sections, details, matchlines etc between drawings.

See image to follow the explanation below. Work from left to right, top to bottom.

From your Field dialog box,

- select Sheet Set from the Field category.

- select SheetSet from Field Names

- select the sheet set you want to reference from the Sheet Set pulldown.

- select the drawing or sheet from the Sheet navigation tree.

- looking at the preview in the SheetNumber: line, select the information you want to show from the Format and Property panels.

Hope that helps.

If you're not using sheet sets, then it's going to be a lot tougher and I'm not sure where to tell you to begin.

Lyle.

Message 4 of 5
rfg018
in reply to: LyleHardin

perfect,  just what I was looking for but I never saw it.

Must learn to read and see.

Thanks you

Message 5 of 5
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: rfg018

Also, You can investigate the "saved view" functionality of SSM, and the view/detail callout blocks to maintain references.

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report