Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"level" shape missing from my millandoverlay2 quantities

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Kevin_Gagne
375 Views, 7 Replies

"level" shape missing from my millandoverlay2 quantities

I have an assemby which includes millandoverlay2 sub assembly

This assembly should create shapes "mill" for cut and "level" (area above existing surface and below bottom of overlay)
for fill

Shapes do exist on section views; but they are only showing and quantifying "mill , even for sections that are clearly "level".

I noticed that when defining materials list in quantity takeoff criteria there is not a "quantity shape type" for "level", only mill was present. Even when I typed "level" and it was accepted, level was not an option when I imported the criteria into the sample line group properties
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Kevin_Gagne

I think you have to make sure your code set has the correct pointers. I'm
not super strong on that topic but I'm sure someone will be along soon.

Joe
Message 3 of 8
Kevin_Gagne

I've also got our tech support people and our company's software re-saler (who has apparently gont to Autodesk on this) looking into this - why level shape is in the documentation yet does not appear in a code set, even if you import by selecting the sub assembly itself. still no answers!! without this functionality, the millandoverlay2 subassembly us useless. right now the "mill" shape is irratic and includes both cut (mill) and fill (level) under the overlay. looking forward to learning the answer and sharing it with others..
Message 4 of 8
dsimenic

Right now all mill&overlay subs has "strange" behavior - they products Mill OR Level shapes based on +/- set in assembly, so we can't divide this two quantities automaticaly (I use standard Quantity Takeoff procedure twice, one for mill, other for level cases). Much better (and faster) way is "modyfied" version of this Subs in C3D, but in C3D 2011, I think is nothing new in rehab.....
Message 5 of 8
Kevin_Gagne

are you saying there is a modified version of the millandoverlay sub assemblies available that solves the "mill" and "level" issues? also I'm confused about your use of the takeoff procedure; how do you run it twice, once for mill and once for level if "mill" is the only shape that shows up in codes set, section views etc?
Message 6 of 8
Kevin_Gagne

I got a response from tech support that indicates a new mill report will be available in 2011. This did not answer the question about what is available right now in 2010. Here's my question more specifically w/ attached documents:

Attached are a few highlighted pages of C3DStockSubassemblyHelp.pdf, assembly documentation that comes with C3D 2010. Overlaymillandlevel1 and overlaymillandlevel2 provide "milling or leveling as needed" (p. 14). Page 363 shows the coding diagram for the assembly I'm using, with codes for both a milling and leveling case indicated. HOWEVER, in practice only the milling links appear in the code set, even if codes are imported from subassembly, assembly or corridor. FURTHERMORE, the section views (see example attached) show an area that is quantified as "mill" (in volumes/quantity takeoffs), regardless of whether its is mill or level case; AND a "double dipping" by having quantities for cut/fill in mill/level areas. MY SPECIFIC QUESTION: Why does there not appear to be a CODE for "level" which could be quantified (in addition to milling) as indicated in the documentation?
Message 7 of 8
malcolml

We are using Civil 3D 2012 and this issue still exists.

Message 8 of 8
malcolml
in reply to: malcolml

Further to my comment, if the input parameter - Minimum Clearance is positive you get a leveling layer; if it is negative you get a milling layer.

However, it appears the subassembly cannot accommodate leveling and milling on the same section. I.e. It does not recognize the cut (mill) and fill (level or pad) required to correct the cross section to a designed profile and cross fall.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report