Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Upgrading Old Drawing" message when opening 2014 new drawing

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
swatfor_PDCOG
2568 Views, 6 Replies

"Upgrading Old Drawing" message when opening 2014 new drawing

Civil 3D 2014 - Windows 7

Starting with the 2014 ACAD Civ3D Imperial NCS as a base template, I imported our text styles, blocks, object styles, dim styles, layer filters, etc.

I saved the drawing in 2014 then I "saved as" a 2014 dwt with a new name.  I set my new dwt as "QNEW" in the template settings under options.

Now, whenever I open a new drawing, a message appears for a few seconds at the bottom left that says "Upgrading Old Drawing"

Why is this happening since I saved everything in a 2014 format and how can I stop it?

Sandy W.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
neilyj666
in reply to: swatfor_PDCOG

I've noticed this too...I used my 2013 template, audited and saved in 2014 and this message appears

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 3 of 7
Jay_B

It looks like the issue is not limited to recent versions.

Upgrading old drawing

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 4 of 7
swatfor_PDCOG
in reply to: Jay_B

Yes.. I saw that there was no answer then and I was hoping someone might know now.  This is the first time its happened to me and I've been upgrading since Land desktop about every other year.  I'd rather not drag in old issues if I can help it. There is no reason customizing a template dwt should be read as an "Old Drawing" if it has been saved in 2014. 

Thanks for responding.

Sandy W.
Message 5 of 7
Jay_B

I'm seeing this message here in 2014 dwg files.

These files were created with 2014 and have only been opened with 2014 yet the status bar reports

an "Upgrading Old Drawing" message when opening drawings.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 6 of 7
neilyj666
in reply to: Jay_B

Still happens in 2015.....

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 7 of 7

I was having this issue with several computers, I finally figured it out yesterday when I had some free time. Upgrading drawing or cogo points slowdown in civil 3d is a part of the program that is functioning in tandum with the survey module of civil 3d. The program is trying to find the gis coordinate system within its database that the drawing is referencing when it inserts points or when you use the map function of the program. The "upgrade is just an error loop response when the program can't find the right coordinate system. My solution was to save the drawing was a dwt and open with (new) (not qnew) they are different. And when I did that C3d said it found a new coordinate system and ask to add it to the database. once in the database all the drawings that I was having problems with worked again. Hopefully this works for you instead of having autodesk help change your profile, or reinstalling the program as I did to not solve the problem.Smiley Very Happy if this works please pass it around maybe I can get autodesk to send me a free subscription for my home computer. ( OR SEND CASH)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report