Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"One or more objects in this drawing cannot be saved..."

90 REPLIES 90
SOLVED
Message 1 of 91
mcloughlin
133293 Views, 90 Replies

"One or more objects in this drawing cannot be saved..."

When attempting to save drawing, I get:

"One or more objects in this drawing cannot be saved to the specified format.  The operation was not completed and no file was created."

I have purged the drawing, and checked for any unconnected external references (none).  I started Raster Design, just in case, but nothing happened.  The drawing was just created in, and is being saved to, Civil 3D 2014.   

Any suggestions?

Many thanks. 

90 REPLIES 90
Message 21 of 91
vaboatwrcadd
in reply to: bargmeyer

I tried all the other suggestions and nothing worked for me either. I selected everything and did a copy with base point into a new file and no problems. If it doesn't show the pase or the paste to original coordinates option, just type it in at the command line and it will work.

Message 22 of 91

Thank you. Audit worked for me. Thought this was going to be a long day with this problem. Big Cuddos my man.

Alex

Message 23 of 91
stephen.graham
in reply to: HHConsult

This worked for me. I saved the file as a dxf closed CAD down and then opened the dxf, this time it saved the file as a drawing. Wish I had seen this before I started. 

Message 24 of 91
michal_sobr
in reply to: martin.folber

Only one thing what was function for me is landXML export/import of C3D objects and "clear AutoCAD" draw "export" by WBLOCK...

Message 25 of 91
bernardomda
in reply to: mcloughlin

Hey everyone, I found a simple way that worked for me!

I just had this problem today for the first time. Nothing worked, AUDIT, Recover, save to dxf, etc...

What did work was saving it to a more recent type (Autocad 2013 Drawing). But then I had to keep going to "save as" and then choose the 2013 file type, because by the definition we all use the 2010 type - and we can't change that for now. So I was a bit worried that I was gonna lose precious time always doing that.

And then I just copied everything from the drawing into a new drawing... and it worked! I can save it in the 2010 drawing file type, and the message doesn't seem to be showing anymore.

Hope it heps 😉

Message 26 of 91
rkmcswain
in reply to: jfengineering

jfengineering wrote:

Unfortunately it is my understanding that saving or even opening a C3D 2016 project in 2017 will make the file unreadable in anything but C3D 2017.

It would require saving the file. Simply opening an older drawing using C3D2017 has no effect since no changes are written to the file until you save.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Tags (1)
Message 27 of 91
baker6
in reply to: rkmcswain

I had this happen today. I went to the drive and folder where I had the drawing to test see what would happen I tried to delete a file and could not. I no longer had administrative rights. I was able to save the drawing to a different drive with no problem. I rebooted, opened the drawing and then was able to save back to the original drive and delete files I did not want.

Message 28 of 91

Do an "Audit" then save.

Message 29 of 91
MattHough2641

Thank you for this.  It's been driving me crazy.  I just used this work around.  For us though it was ".qsave".  

Message 30 of 91
carlfeldmeyer

Including points from one point group, excluding from another to keep my work in order and came across this issue. Audit, Yes to fix errors detected, then let me save as normal. Working on Civil 2018.

Thanks JFengineering!

Message 31 of 91
cvlci_CAD

My solution is a little strange sounding but it normally works for users in our office.... 

Try clearing out your "Temporary Drawing File Location".  You can find out where it is under the Files tab in the Options.  When mine is full, I see this message more often.  Clearing out that folder normally does the trick for awhile.

Message 32 of 91
jjohnson

Kudos to all who replied to this thread, in its entirety it was extremely helpful.  I'm working in C3D 2018 and have had this same issue with the 2016 software but simply saving off network then back worked great in 2016.  That does not work any more, although doing an audit and Y to fix errors resolved the problem.  What I DON'T understand is why an audit comes back with 0 errors and 0 objects modified or deleted yet it fixes the problem.  Is this a file header problem with the latest .dwt file provided by Autodesk?  What would be going on in the background that would cause this to happen?  My concern is that  if there are background issues there may be other problems due to those background issues that would spread and not be detected until it's too late.  Thoughts?

And yes, every time we get a new version of Civil 3D the blank .dwt file is used and the previous template information is pulled in properly.   

Message 33 of 91

Another way to save your drawing is using "w block" (wb). Select all layers and create your dwg with a different name.

Then re-direct all your X-references.  This works for me.

Message 34 of 91
kiqerp

Hi Everyone:

I had installed windows 10 and I RESOLVED this adding an exception for the file Autocad.exe in the Windows Defender.

Message 35 of 91
Cairn.West

Running the 'Audit' Command helped me overcome this problem.

Thanx!

Message 36 of 91
gmartin49

I had the same issue.....finally tried DXFOUT.......then DXFIN in a new drawing and it worked.

Message 37 of 91
eliezer59cuevas
in reply to: gmartin49

g.martin2

Can you be more specific with this process?

Thank youy

Message 38 of 91
tcorey
in reply to: eliezer59cuevas

At the command line, type DXFOUT. This will make a dxf file from your dwg.

Now, open the DXF file and then Saveas a dwg.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 39 of 91
eliezer59cuevas
in reply to: tcorey

Thank you.  It works.  I've used Export before and it also works. But some drawings have to many blocks, and some blocks in another block that create a lot of issues when you try to open or save them.

Thanks a lot, I will continue trying any of these options.

Smiley Wink

Message 40 of 91
thomcia

It is within the point groups I was having the same issue. I tried to copy a point and it wigged out and wouldn't save, not even "save as" would work. I eventually just had to go to my last temp save and go from there and while editing my point made sure that my points were not associated with multiple point groups before copying or creating new points.... 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report