Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Fatal Error: Unhandled Access Violation Writing 0x0000 Exception at 0h""

30 REPLIES 30
SOLVED
Message 1 of 31
dwaynesmith
120849 Views, 30 Replies

"Fatal Error: Unhandled Access Violation Writing 0x0000 Exception at 0h""

I get the above error when I attempt to open Civil 3d 2013

Tags (1)
30 REPLIES 30
Message 2 of 31
antoniovinci
in reply to: dwaynesmith

We're with ya in this sad moment, D.S.

If you have one, call your Autodesk dealer...

Message 3 of 31
owenmull
in reply to: antoniovinci

Scroll down in the forum a few posts, I posted a link to solve this issue on a previous thread.

-Owen
Windows 7 x 64 bit

Civil 3D 2017

I'm sorry, I can't seem to find the post you referenced.  Can you possibly add the link to this thread?

Dwayne

Message 5 of 31
owenmull

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2010/FATAL-ERROR-Unhandled-e06d7363h-Exception-at-7c812afbh/m-...

Read post # 8 in particular.

-Owen
Windows 7 x 64 bit

Civil 3D 2017

I have changed the DWORD Low to all 0000000, but for some reason when I go to open the program, it changes it back to numbers and letters.  I have tried rebooting the computer, but that doesn't solve the problem either.  Any Help?

Message 7 of 31
owenmull

Interesting. I've not seen it do that before. I'm sure someone else has a solution to this. Have you tried contacting Autodesk?

-Owen
Windows 7 x 64 bit

Civil 3D 2017

I have looked for a way to contact Autodesk, but have not found a method to contact them.  I originally downloaded the program as a trial to see how it works, I have used other Autocad Versions.  This is not making me want to purchase the program.

Message 9 of 31
crsinc

I also have a fresh install of AutoCAD LT 2013 64bit on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. and get this error. I tried the suggested fix and it did not help.  AutoDesk has been useless at providing and support resources, can anyone help?

Message 10 of 31
jkonley

Any update on this error?  I have a fresh install of AutoCAD LT 2012 on a Win 7 64 bit machine and have the exact same error.  I can't get the software to run for the first time yet.  Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, tried installing the service pack.  No luck.

Message 11 of 31
hgohel

Dwayne,

If you sumbit a crash report via the CER window and post the email address you used, I can look up the crash to see what may be happening.

Here's a link to Civil 3D support options.

Himanshu Gohel
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 12 of 31
hgohel
in reply to: jkonley

FYI - jkonley provided more information offline.  The crash issue with AutoCAD LT has been looked at and it seems to be a problem with 3rd party drivers (DisplayLink USB Graphics Technology), and an upgrade of those drivers has been known to resolve problems with AutoCAD by other customers who have reported such crashes.

Himanshu Gohel
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 13 of 31
jkonley
in reply to: hgohel

Solved.  Thanks for the help.  I had to update the driver for my NVIDIA video card and then in the new NVIDIA control panel, under global settings, set AutoCAD to always use the high performance NVIDIA video card.  It was set to Auto Select.  This got AutoCAD able to start and has been running with no problems since.

Message 14 of 31
hgohel
in reply to: jkonley

Thanks for the confirmation, Jason.  Appreciate the follow-up.

Himanshu Gohel
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 15 of 31
iothomas

I have the similar problem I have read and tried all the above..but the fatal error persists         

please read a more detailed description of my problem here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-LT/Fatal-error-unhandled-Access-violation-writing-0x0000-excep...

"

I have just installed Autocad LT 2013 (licence bought yesterday) on a new Lenovo E330 laptop and the first time I'm trying to run Autocad I'm getting the following error: "fatal error: unhandled Access violation writing 0x0000 exception at 0h". 

I have googled a bit around and the most helpful link was the following:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/quot-Fatal-Error-Unhandled-Access-Violation-Writing-0...

I have tried the suggestions on the above posted link:

1. regediting the DWORD Low to all 0000000, but it goes back to whetever value it was (i have tried with changing value and restarting, not restarting... etc. numerous combinations) and the error is still there

2. On one ocasion an autodesk employees on that thread informed the user that the generated error report was pointing towards a usb display adapter, and as I was using an external replicator (USB) I decided to try with the laptop running by itself on it's own graphics, that didn't change the error message. Next step update the HD4000 driver to the latest from intel, but still the same fatal error.

On top of the above i have also completly unistalled Autocad and all related products, performed new installation with same fatal error again after the installation. I have tried different comatibility modes when running the software and i have tried running as administrator (although I am logged as administrator anyway)

ohh and not to forget I have already aplied the service pack before trying any of the above!  and submited numerous error reports that autocad generated.        

any help would be apreciated... "

Message 16 of 31
jkonley

My main problem was that my Lenovo Thinkpad was factory set to use the Intel integrated graphics processor instead of my nvidia GPU.  I had to change the default GPU processor to the nvidia and then AutoCAD worked with no problems.

Message 17 of 31
iothomas

can you give me some steps on how to you set that? I don't have an NVIDIA external card (I have a Lenovo replicator that I don't have info on the grpahics unit) but a general guide on how to change between the Intel inside to the external...

also right now I will be happy if it starts running on the Intel one!

thank you very much

Message 18 of 31
jkonley
in reply to: iothomas

I did not get it running on the onboard Intel integrated GPU.  My laptop has a separate graphics card so I changed it to run on that.  If you only have the onboard Intel graphics, I would check your driver and your settings to see if there is a better setup.  I would not use your external monitor / port replicator until you can get it to run on your laptop screen. 

Message 19 of 31
hgohel
in reply to: iothomas

@iothomas wrote:

I have the similar problem I have read and tried all the above..but the fatal error persists         

2. On one ocasion an autodesk employees on that thread informed the user that the generated error report was pointing towards a usb display adapter, and as I was using an external replicator (USB) I decided to try with the laptop running by itself on it's own graphics, that didn't change the error message. Next step update the HD4000 driver to the latest from intel, but still the same fatal error.

any help would be apreciated... "

Did you update the graphics drivers for your USB graphics device?

Himanshu Gohel
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 20 of 31
iothomas

Yes I tried but I didn't find some newer software, I did though find a newer version of the intel HD4000 driver an updated it. So as I said i tried running it on the laptop itself without use or relpicator also but the error is still there.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report