Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Error adding breakline" message when editing surface with feature lines

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
yoganand.m
6124 Views, 2 Replies

"Error adding breakline" message when editing surface with feature lines

Hai,

I am working on a 6 mile highway project whose surface file is 85MB big. So, I created a Data Shortcut of this surface and used this for creating profiles. However, at some locations the corridors go below the surface(as per their original profile) which was not intended. So, I need to restrict the surface to follow the corridors but not go beyond it.

I have created feature lines from corridors and tried to add them as breaklines to the surface. But " error adding breakline" error pops up. 

Is it because I am trying to add the breaklines to the mirror surface which I created from Data Shortcut ??

Will it be helpful if I copy feature lines to original surface file and add these feature lines as breaklines in that file??

I have attached screenshots of steps I have been following. Kindly help me out with this.

Thanks in advance,

YM

Windows 7 x 64
Nvidia Quadro 2000
24 GB Ram
i7 960 @ 3.20 GHz
Civil 3D 2012
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tom_berning
in reply to: yoganand.m

You will need to copy those feature lines to the original surface file. You can not edit any data shortcutted object. You can only edit those objects in their original file.

Tom Berning
Woolpert, Inc.
Civil 3D 2020
Message 3 of 3
yoganand.m
in reply to: tom_berning

Thank you. I did the same. It seems working

Windows 7 x 64
Nvidia Quadro 2000
24 GB Ram
i7 960 @ 3.20 GHz
Civil 3D 2012

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report