Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

profile pvc/pvt labels in dragged state

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
rick.hberg
1805 Views, 4 Replies

profile pvc/pvt labels in dragged state

Hi all,

I have seen other similar posts, but only work around solutions.  I would love to find a more accurate solution if available.

So here goes...

Using profile line or curve label styles we can get vpc/vpt (or pvc/pvt for some) information looking good. But since it is a line or curve label, the dragged state points to the center of the line or curve, not the vpc/vpt points.

I know I can delete a label if I need to and replace it with a profile view label, but it would be nice if it was a profile label (especially when the profile geometry changes - view labels don't care about the profile). I keep wondering why we can label horizontal curves so nice but not vertical curves.

I've attached pictures of the layout vs. dragged state vertical curve conundrum.

Thanks for any ideas. I always wonder if I'm the only one doing something the hard way...thanks Autodesk for the discussion groups!

Civil 3D 2014
Windows 7 x64
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
wfberry
in reply to: rick.hberg

Frankly I don't know what you are asking or want to show.

Your statement:

"the dragged state points to the center of the line or curve, not the vpc/vpt points."

I do not think that the above is correct.  What about a picture of WHAT you actually want.

Bill

Message 3 of 5
OMCUSNR

Doesn't have to do with where your anchor point is for the label on the layout tab of the style composer?

Reid

Homebuilt box: I5-2500k, MSI P67A-GD65, 12gig DDR3 1600 ram, ASUS ENGTX460 Video card, WD Velociraptor WD4500HLHX HD, Win 7 64 pro.
Message 4 of 5
rick.hberg
in reply to: wfberry

my apologies, let me try to explain more clearly. I've attached some pics which hopefully are easier to understand.

The attachment named "layout" shows how we typically label vertical curves (everything is in a non-dragged state).

I have issues with the labels on the VPC and VPT only if I need to drag them to make room for other text, objects, etc.

The VPT label, for example, is a profile LINE label style. The anchor point is "anchor tangent start."  The text components are calling up "tangent start station" and "tangent start elevation."  The dragged state is stacked text.  If I pick the label to drag it, the grip is in the center of the LINE, and once dragged the leader points to the center of the LINE.

The attachment named "dragged" shows one of the VPT labels after dragging it (the information is correct, but pointing to the wrong spot).

If I choose curve label styles (using curve start and end point anchors) the dragged state leader will point to the center of the curve. Bottom line - I can't get the dragged state leader to use the same anchor as the "layout" (from layout tab) anchor point.

I hope that make things a little clearer, as any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Civil 3D 2014
Windows 7 x64
Message 5 of 5
dustindk

Was looking for a solution to this as well and ended up here. Did you come up with a solution?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report