AutoCAD Civil 3D General

Message 1 of 4 (217 Views)
Accepted Solution

profile horizontal grid

217 Views, 3 Replies
10-29-2012 09:10 AM

Hi,

I am setting up plans and profiles for utilities. Most of the profiles are working fine. I have one that the horizontal grids stick out about 50 feet left of the profile view. I have not been able to figure out why one is squirrely and the other are good. Any suggestions?

I'm using C3D 2012 on 64 bit system.

*Expert Elite*
Message 2 of 4 (207 Views)

Re: profile horizontal grid

10-29-2012 10:54 AM in reply to: chris.morgan

Sounds like a padding setting.  Not sure without comparing in more detail.

I notice the red labeled "NEW 4" DW LINE" goes very slightly to the left of the 90+00 station.  That could be enough to push the grid a whole extra 50' over, depending on the settings in the profile view style.

Credit where credit is due! Give kudos or accept as solution whenever you can.

Message 3 of 4 (181 Views)

10-29-2012 12:48 PM in reply to: troma

Thanks for the input. I checked the padding & it was OK. So, I thought what the heck, I'll just close it and reopen. Apparently Civil 3D gets stressed out after a few hours of play! I exited out and reloaded C3D, reopened the drawing and the profile is doing what it is supposed to.

*Expert Elite*
Message 4 of 4 (178 Views)

10-29-2012 12:53 PM in reply to: chris.morgan

Ok.  It was one of 'those' problems!

Credit where credit is due! Give kudos or accept as solution whenever you can.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs