Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

profile grade label reset

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
nostupidquestions
377 Views, 6 Replies

profile grade label reset

i've got a profile with a lot of grade labels, some of which i've turned the visibiliy off. i need to turn some, but not al,l of them on. how does one do this?

Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-2245 CPU @ 3.90GHz 3.91 GHz
64 GB RAM
C3D 2023.2
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Don't know if this will work..

Select one, right-click and choose select similar. Hopefully you will see grips for the hidden ones. If you do, deselect the ones you do not want to modify.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
wfberry
in reply to: nostupidquestions

Existing ground or New Profile?

Bill

Message 4 of 7
nostupidquestions
in reply to: wfberry

it's a new profile. i can grab the grip of the one that is missing but there aren't any options to make it visible.

64 GB RAM
C3D 2023.2
Message 5 of 7

Once the visibility is turned off it seems there is no way to select it again. I think you are going to have to use the Reset All Label Groups and then hide the ones you don't want again.

Other options I see...

The weeding function in the Profile Labels dialog can limit the number of grade labels.

Use a grade label with the leader turned off and drag the unwanted labels out of the plot view so the can be reset if desired.

Wish they were better solutions.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 6 of 7

that's what i figured. it's a shame they can't make it like all the other line labels with labeling a single segment or multiple segments. thanks.

64 GB RAM
C3D 2023.2
Message 7 of 7
troma
in reply to: nostupidquestions

For next time, I recommend this:
Make a 'no-plot' label. That could show up on a no-plot layer, or it could be a label with the display set to false in the label style. (I made them on a no-plot layer and with very small text height.)
Then, when you want to turn some labels off, switch them to this style rather than setting their visibility off or deleting them. This way you can always switch them back again if you need them.

Doesn't help you now of course, and I agree that there should be a better way of handling this.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report