AutoCAD Civil 3D General

jdathela
Message 1 of 2 (152 Views)

problem with xreffing profile into another drawing

152 Views, 1 Replies
08-11-2011 01:54 PM

Hello all, 

I'm having issues with profiles. We are xreffing them into another drawing, and their behavior is erratic. Random elements of the profile view are turning on and off in the xreffed drawing. All layers are thawed and on. Sometimes it displays fine. most of the time it does not. Vizretain is set to 0. the profile views are on the 0 layer. Any thoughts? Has anyone seen this before? 

Thanks

Valued Contributor
Adam_Farnsworth
Message 2 of 2 (145 Views)

Re: problem with xreffing profile into another drawing

08-11-2011 02:23 PM in reply to: jdathela

VISRETAIN should be set to 1 to keep your xref'd layers saved.  If it's set to 0, every time you open the file it's being xref'd into, the layers will revert to the layer states from the xref's last save.

I hope that made sense...

--Adam

Windows 7 x 64
ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
12 GB Ram
i7 920 @ 2.67 GHz
Civil 3D 2011, 2010, 2009 and occasionally 2008 still (unfortunantly)

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs