Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pressured networks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
dyaa
488 Views, 7 Replies

pressured networks

can autocad civil 3d handle with pressured conveying water in terms of calculating the heads and discharges and viewing this information in the network profile .

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
thepworth
in reply to: dyaa

no.  it is an unfortuante shortcomming of the software 😞

Message 3 of 8
BrianHailey

Autodesk purchased Boss International and with that came WaterNet (or something like that). Part of that acquisition resulted in Autodesk Storm and Sanitary Analysis but nothing has been released for the water analysis as yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Perhaps if we see pressure systems in a future release we'll see something for the analysis side shortly after.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 4 of 8

A little birdie told me the other day that pressure systems is something we might-possibly-probably-we-can't-confirm-100%-because-of-silly-laws-thing that will (should) be in 2013.

Tony Leggieri
Gutschick, Little & Weber, P.A. (GLW)
CADD Manager
Civil 3D 2023.2.1
Windows 10
Message 5 of 8
jmatthei

I've got my hopes up before.  I'll believe it when I see it.

That being said, despite my skepticism, I will be grateful if it happens.

Jeremy

Message 6 of 8
BrianHailey
in reply to: jmatthei

@jmatthei wrote:

I've got my hopes up before.  I'll believe it when I see it.

That being said, despite my skepticism, I will be grateful if it happens.

Jeremy

I feel the same way. I've been expecting pressure pipe systems for several years now. I've become content with what we have. That doesn't mean I've stopped asking for more or expecting more, it's just that I've stopped being upset when what I expect to be in the software isn't there.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 7 of 8
jmayo-EE
in reply to: BrianHailey

Excellent post Brian. I feel the same way but with more things than just pressure networks (label and table improvements are top on my wishlist). Civil 3D is a tool and it does what it does. It will never be perfect. It will never do everything I want it to. I use it the best I can & don't get upset anymore when it doesn't do everything I think it should do. After all, what I  think it should do may not be what others think it should do and I can't see the programmers realistically making every single routine that every single user requests.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 8 of 8
jmatthei

I'm not content--just jaded.

I don't think it's unrealistic to expect a site tool that gives us what the architects and building engineers have in Revit.  If everyone accepted mediocrity we'd still be riding in horse-drawn carriages and lighting our homes with candles (not to mention hand-drafting construction plans).  The pieces are there on the various platforms, and just need to be put together into a workable package.  Although it can be broken into many small subcompoents, my request is actually quite simple:  Let me model the site fully in BIM, and access the tools available to the architects.  All the fancy auto-calculation methods, visualization techniques, and rule-based auto-design functions are irrelevant if I can't build a model of the site in BIM, on a level that the architects can do with the building.

So far I've seen little progress on this front, and I've been losing faith in Autodesk--figuring it would actually be a 3rd party developer that would eventually make the leap.  That being said, if Autodesk actually does move forward with this I will be pleasantly surprised, and my faith in them will be partially restored.

Jeremy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report