Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pontlist xsl file changes

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
rfg018
254 Views, 3 Replies

pontlist xsl file changes

I'm using the pointlist.xsl file and outputing in pdf.

I would like to modified the file with the following changes.

1. increase the left margin, now it seen to be 0.

2. add page breaks, it seem to be one long page.

3. add a header on each page (nu n e elev desc).

4. add page numbers.

5. have the client information fill-in using sheet set manager.

Is this possible, and where do you find information on wrighting XSL files.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
kwielin
in reply to: rfg018

Hello, I'd be really glad if anybody tell me how can I modify the pointlist.xsl code:

<xsl:value-of select="landUtils:FormatNumber(string($Northing), string($SourceLinearUnit), string($Point.Coordinate.unit), string($Point.Coordinate.precision), string($Point.Coordinate.rounding))"/>

to set precision 0.00 in this file and not to be drawn from the Civil settings? please... I think I tried almost everything 😉

Message 3 of 4
dgorsman
in reply to: kwielin

The select="..." is what finds, or "selects" the information to output.

The landUtils: is a namespace identifier so a specific FormatNumber is called.  Kind of like using a last name to differentiate between "Bill Gates" and "Bill Clinton".

Inside the FormatNumber I'm just guessing, but the names look fairly straight forward.  Its taking a series of string values (Northing, linear unit, coordinate unit, coordinate precision, coordinate rounding).  Each of those string (...) is taking a variable (e.g. $Northing) and converting it to a string.

Presumably you would be modifying the string($Point.Coordinate.precision) content, but I am uncertain as to what it is expecting.  It could be a number which indicates the number of decimals, or a number like 0.00 to indicate the format, or something else.  You could try throwing in an extra <xsl:value-of select="..."/> element, using the value being passed to the FormatNumber(...) to help identify this.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 4 of 4
kwielin
in reply to: dgorsman

I've found partial solution. Maybe somebody would like to use this. It was possible because I don't need different precision for coordinates and for elevations. In Toolbox > Report Settings I changed Point coordinates precision to 0.000 and elevation precision to 0.00. I made two copies of pointlist.xsl file and in one I changed all $Point.Coordinate.precision into $Point.Elevation.precision and in second $Point.Elevation.precision into $Point.Coordinate.precision. Now after added both reports to Edit Toolbox content in Toolbox tab I can create report with precision I want. More entertainment with deleting some parts of the pointlist file allows me to receive more different reports like PNE_2, PNEZD_3, PNED_2, PNEZ_3 where number means precision. Reports at once are ready to print.

Moreover it’s possible to add H_Align_Layout_b.xsl file as a referenced file and then use phrase: $Alignment.Coordinate.precision with one another precision.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report