Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

polyline nightmares

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
djocwf54
276 Views, 3 Replies

polyline nightmares

I have a map (from another office) that has lakes on it and I am trying to rehatch them. The problem is there are two copies of the linework all on the same layer. It makes closed polylines and I really didn't want to go in and redraw these lakes. Anyone got any Friday afternoon ( I know its only Thursday afternoon) ideas?

Have a good one

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: djocwf54

The Map tool space>>tools tab>>> drawing cleanup>>> delete duplicates. you may need to use the other options as well. Not seeing you problem its hard to say.

The OVERKILL command may be all you need - try it first

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
JeffPaulsen
in reply to: djocwf54

Did Joe's suggestion work?

From your description it sounds like the duplicate linework may be connected up into one polyline. If that is the case you may need to explode them before running OVERKILL. Then join them back up again. You can use pedit multiple to join several at once.

Jeff Paulsen
Civil 3D 2020.4 | Win 10 Pro N 64-bit
Xeon W-2223 @ 3.60GHz, 32GB Ram | NVidia Quadro P2200
Message 4 of 4
djocwf54
in reply to: JeffPaulsen

Thanks so much i just used overkill. Awesome little tool. I did have to overkill twice but it let me hatch after that. Thanks so much. Have a great weekend

dj

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report