Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
drafter1411
198 Views, 3 Replies

Hello everyone, I imported a point file into my drawing and they are not showing up on the screen. I do a list points and they show up in the list.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jay_B
in reply to: drafter1411

How were said points imported?

If Survey Database was used there's an option to place points in dwg which might have been off.

If using a survey database expand the name of sdb on survey tab on toolspace>rt. click on "Points">

there should be another "Points" option and when expanded choose "import points into dwg".

The more obvious questions:

Are they on a frozen or off layer?

A Point group set to No_Display problem?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 4
drafter1411
in reply to: Jay_B

no these are points I created in the drawing manually, then exported them out. I then imported them back in, they show up in the list but not on screen. I put them in the all points group. all layers are on. I did this yesterday to another drawing and it worked fine.

thanks for your help

Message 4 of 4
tcorey
in reply to: drafter1411

Edit properties of the AllPoints group. On the Information tab, are Point Style and Point Label Style set? If so, go to Overrides tab and turn on overrides for style and label style. It could be that you had Description Keys active, so the points have styles set at the point level, making them not affected by the group properties unless you turn on the overrides. It's intuitive, ain't it? 😉

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report