Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
447 Views, 7 Replies

i have imported a data set and a 9 digit number has come in over top of the point number, is this an attribute?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
justin.ziemba
in reply to: Anonymous

I would suggest looking at your Point Label Style.  Sounds like what you are using is set up to display additional information.  There may be an extra Component, or the contents of a Component have additional information.

9digit.png

Justin Ziemba
Manager, Customer Support Services

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: justin.ziemba

the nine digit number is over top of my point number, and my point setup only has the point number, elev and description in the pull down, i want to get rid of the nine digit numbers

Message 4 of 8
Jeff_M

Can you post a portion of the dwg?

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Jeff_M

here is pdf

Message 6 of 8
Kyle-Evans

Look into the contents of your Components, there may be something in there. See picture below, then under Text, you can edit the contents.

untitled.JPG

Message 7 of 8
andrewpuller3811

Strange label.

It looks like you have an expression in your point labels that is adding 536870903 to the point number then using that and your point number in the label at the same position.

I suggest you select one of the affected points and look in the properties dialogue to see what the point label is so that you can edit the correct one. Even if the point has attributes, they need to be referenced as part of the point label to show up like it is. I would check each component of the point label style incase someone has put in into the code or elevation component.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 8 of 8
Jeff_M

Well, this just shows the result. I asked for a part of the drawing so we could help you identify the problem and (hopefully) fix it. So if you could post a dwg file of that part of the overall drawing it would help to eliminate the guessing we must do otherwise.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report