Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

points selection based on their position relative to a polyline

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
lukas6
541 Views, 3 Replies

points selection based on their position relative to a polyline

hi,

what I need to do is to get a list of points that are on one side of a polyline. Can i actually make the poly line part of some closed object on the desired side of it and then select the points within ?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
BrianHailey
in reply to: lukas6

If it's a fairly simple pline, use whatever command you needed to select them and when it asks to select, change your selection method to a Window Polygon or a Crossing Polygon, snapt along the pline, and then make a big sweep around the entire side of the pline you want to select.

Can't think of any other way off the top of my head.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 3 of 4
Jay_B
in reply to: BrianHailey

Well Brian's a bit quicker than I am Smiley Happy but I put together a short video showing how this can be done and it's pretty much what Brian suggests.

This can be done fairly easily if the polylines don't include curves using the SELECTION command with the WP (window polygon) sub-selection option.

Then QSELECT is used to filter the Cogo Points to create the "selection set" of Cogo Points to be excluded in a Point Group.

(First I turned the polyline into a closed shape for illustration but not necessary as the window polygon pick poits can be random pick points.

Then using the new Point Group created go to the Toolbox>Reports Manager>Points>Points_List>Execute> then uncheck everything but the new point group to run the report which creates the list of the points.

If the Polyline contains curves then maybe it could be accomplished using autolisp to list objects within that shape.

http://www.screencast.com/t/OgdNBhkxbBP

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 4 of 4
lukas6
in reply to: Jay_B

THANKS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report