Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

points on alignment at station with description

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
nostupidquestions
2167 Views, 12 Replies

points on alignment at station with description

i need to put points on an alignment at each station. i've figured that part out. what i want is the station label to be the point description. i don't see a way to do this without editing each point which is way too time consuming.

Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-2245 CPU @ 3.90GHz 3.91 GHz
64 GB RAM
C3D 2023.2
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

This is a long time wish

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 13

gotcha. i just exported and did it in excel.

Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-2245 CPU @ 3.90GHz 3.91 GHz
64 GB RAM
C3D 2023.2
Message 4 of 13
DaveM
in reply to: nostupidquestions

If i understand you.

You have a station offset label created where a point meets your alignment, and you want the station offset lable to include the description of the point.

if you fo into your style editor you can add a reference text to reference a point, then in the label composer select point description. when you add the label it will ask you to select the alignment and then the point that you wish to reference. the neat part is the point and label are dynamic so if the description changes so does the label.  If you want more details on how to do this, just ask.

Thanks,

Dave

Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
ATI FirePro V5700(FireGL)
Win 7 Home Professional
Please use Kudos Where Deserved

Message 5 of 13
rl_jackson
in reply to: DaveM

I think the OP was talking about the Create Cogo Points on alignment which will not do anyting but slam the points along the alignment with a typical or entered description, the command should reference the alignment and station as it does this, shoot it even ask you to select an alignment, so why would it not provided descriptions that match station and offset (if needed).

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 13
DaveM
in reply to: rl_jackson

I see, I use Sincpac for this function. It is a great software.

Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
ATI FirePro V5700(FireGL)
Win 7 Home Professional
Please use Kudos Where Deserved

Message 7 of 13
AllenJessup

@dmartin wrote:

I see, I use Sincpac for this function. It is a great software.

I do to. But before I bought that I remember there was a way. I think you had to create a profile where the profile name was the equivalent to the alignment name. Then there was a way to include the profile name and station in the point label. I'll try to look that up and post better information.

Allen Jessup

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 8 of 13
AllenJessup
in reply to: AllenJessup

OK. See HERE and HERE.

Allen Jessup

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 9 of 13
Jay_B
in reply to: AllenJessup

I tried this and am able to get "Alignment Name" - Sta. 0+00 at a specified frequency along alignment by using the Alignment>Cogo Points>Measure Alignment>Points creation method. Applying the "Standard" point label style.

PointsCreation>Prompt for Descriptions has to be set to "Automatic -  Object".

Couldn't figure out a way to remove the "Alignment Name" from Description component

and it doesn't seem to have a means of applying an offset, only station value AFAIK.

stapoints.PNG

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 10 of 13
AllenJessup
in reply to: Jay_B

Yes. That seems to be the limit of it. I've been using Sincpac for a couple of yeas so I haven't tinkered with this in a while. I exported the point to a text file and used Search - Replace in a text editor to remove the text I didn't want. Then imported the points to overwrite the originals.

Allen Jessup

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 11 of 13
awkeller88

Hey Dave;

I would like more details on how to do this.

Specifically, I would like to add station data to either the point, or auto create station/offset lables that reference existing survey points and a proposed alignment for stationing.

Thanks.

~Andy

Message 12 of 13
mbickelVMG55

@davem wrote:

If i understand you.

You have a station offset label created where a point meets your alignment, and you want the station offset lable to include the description of the point.

if you fo into your style editor you can add a reference text to reference a point, then in the label composer select point description. when you add the label it will ask you to select the alignment and then the point that you wish to reference. the neat part is the point and label are dynamic so if the description changes so does the label.  If you want more details on how to do this, just ask.

Thanks,

Dave

This sounds fantastic. How do I add the reference text to reference the point?

Message 13 of 13
cstringer-ns
in reply to: mbickelVMG55

You would need to use the alignment label and reference the point.

Capture.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report