Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pipe net work part builder add cut plane to pipe

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
706 Views, 6 Replies

pipe net work part builder add cut plane to pipe

I want to create a vent pipe with a cut slope. I reviewed the help menu and selected the extrusion

and it added the axis then nothing after that happen (see attached figure)

Thanks in advance

John

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
SethHall
in reply to: Anonymous

Judging from your description, I am not quite sure what is going on. Could you possibly provide a more detailed description along with what is expected? Thanks!

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 3 of 7
BrianHailey
in reply to: SethHall

Seth, I reported this same issue in April of last year. Look for CaseNo:08260335. Cut planes haven't worked in Civil 3D since version 2009 which is why I have to keep that version on my system.

CUT PLANES IN 2009

CUT PLANES IN 2010-2014

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: BrianHailey

Thanks for getting back with me. Yes it is sad that Autodesk hasn't address this issue. I do have 2009.
the video will be very helpful. I assume that I could import it in to 2012 or later.
?
I appreciate your help
?
John Wilson
Message 5 of 7
Cadguru42

@BrianHailey wrote:

Seth, I reported this same issue in April of last year. Look for CaseNo:08260335. Cut planes haven't worked in Civil 3D since version 2009 which is why I have to keep that version on my system.

CUT PLANES IN 2009

CUT PLANES IN 2010-2014

Was this ever fixed? I was trying to get an elbow created in part builder and was looking at the cut plane modifier, but it doesn't do what the help file says. There are no grips shown to change anything on it. In fact, changing the viewport to be Wireframe and shaded caused it to crash when I selected the cut plane modifier object.

C3D 2022-2025
Windows 11
32GB RAM
Message 6 of 7
BrianHailey
in reply to: Cadguru42

I just tried it this morning and it's still broken in 2018. I guess not enough people have complained about it to for Autodesk to warrant spending the resources on it to fix it.

I also highly doubt it will ever get fixed as Autodesk is moving towards the Project Kameleon technology that will most likely replace part builder.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 7 of 7
Cadguru42

@BrianHailey wrote:

I just tried it this morning and it's still broken in 2018. I guess not enough people have complained about it to for Autodesk to warrant spending the resources on it to fix it.

I also highly doubt it will ever get fixed as Autodesk is moving towards the Project Kameleon technology that will most likely replace part builder.

I was afraid of that. Autodesk basically doesn't know how to fix anything in C3D because all the original programmers are gone. As for Kameleon, I was a part of it a while ago, but Autodesk basically wouldn't help me with anything regarding it nor anyone else on the forum. Autodesk upgraded the software and the tutorials no longer applied because of so many changes. I checked back every month or so and not a single new post nor comment was even made in there for months. It looked abandoned.

C3D 2022-2025
Windows 11
32GB RAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report