Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pipe and structure labels are limited?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
logokster
345 Views, 7 Replies

pipe and structure labels are limited?

Hi.

1. If you take a look at the image, you will notice 2 structure labels on the left and 2 on the right. The two on the left is where i would like them to be when I hit add, and on the right is where they actually come in. Is there a way to make the attachment point be the rim and sump vs. the middle of the structure? If not, would be very nice. Also, if the surface changes or structure moves, I would like the attachment point to still be the Rim and Sump.
2. If you look at the pipe labels, you will notice two of the same label. The one with the leader is the problem pipe label. Is there a way to make the leader attach to the outer boundary of the pipe? If not, this would be nicer than item 1. I noticed an option for the anchor point to be the top outer diameter, but this seems to have no affect on the leader.

Thanks in advance.

Brandon
C3D2007, SP1a
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: logokster

The labels on the left are most certainly possible. There is a setting if
you right click Pipe Network in the settings tab, then choose Feature
Settings. Go to Default Profile Label Placement and change Structure Label
Placement to At Top of Structure (for the structure info) and At Bottom of
Structure (for the inverts). This will force the label to the top, or
bottom.

The trick here is that you need to label the structure twice. Once for the
label at the top (you'll need a separate style) and again for the inverts at
the bottom (another style). You'll have to switch the setting above to
match both of these scenarios.

About the leader, I haven't found a way to do this yet.

Matt
Message 3 of 8
logokster

Thanks Matt, that does the trick. Would be nice to be able to control that in the style, but I will take what I can get for now. An additional problem I am having, when I click a crossing pipe in one profile view, it still selects a pipe in another profile view, I thought that link was going to be broken in 07, guess I thought wrong. How does everyone else handle crossing pipes, use an ellipse?
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

That depends. When you change the pipe style in the profile view, do you
the override option instead of changing the pipe style itself?

wrote in message news:5306395@discussion.autodesk.com...
Thanks Matt, that does the trick. Would be nice to be able to control that
in the style, but I will take what I can get for now. An additional problem
I am having, when I click a crossing pipe in one profile view, it still
selects a pipe in another profile view, I thought that link was going to be
broken in 07, guess I thought wrong. How does everyone else handle crossing
pipes, use an ellipse?
Message 5 of 8
logokster

Matt or anyone else, I am bringing myself back to this question again. I am able to get the label to go to the rim or sump, but the attachment poing of the leader goes to the top when the label is directly above (what I want), but when I have 2 structures overtop of each other I have to move the label to the left and right of the structure and it goes back to the middle. Any solution so it still goes to the top? Refer to attachment.

In the attachment there are 2 structures on top of each other in the profile view. I need to label both. I have 3 labels there, one showing what happens when it is directly above (which is perfect when 1 structure), and the other 2 labels are what I have in this situation and what is happening. Thanks in advance.

Keep in mind I need this to work for the INVs also.
Brandon
Message 6 of 8
dgordon

I would say leave the leader off. Draw in your own leader. Civil 3D just isn't flexible enough yet to make leaders the way we would like them.
Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Message 7 of 8
mmccall

I've set all the attachment settings there are but I still haven't figured out why sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. The attached image shows two dragged labels made with the same labelling sequence/command and using the same label style. When dragged each attaches to a different location. ???? (see the two selected labels) The one on the right tracks the outside of the structure as you drag it around. The only way to make it go the top is to drag it above the structure.

I dunno. Maybe the structure inherit the anchor setting when they're drawn into the profile and changing the setting afterward has no effect.
Message 8 of 8
acoursen

I think it depends on the position of the dragged label in relation to the structure if anything. You have to position the label just right to attach at the top. Move either way and it snaps to the middle. I've changed the anchor setting before and after insertion to no avail. From what I've seen here, it is a long held and common complaint, so maybe it will be addressed in the near future.

Andy
Andrew Coursen PE & LS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report