Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

picture logo disappear

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
basman12
2930 Views, 11 Replies

picture logo disappear

hello everybody

how can i attach a picture for my logo company in autocad drawing

the problem is when i send the DWG file to another company the picture disappear and appear a path for the picture location

thanks

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
antoniovinci
in reply to: basman12

Save both (DWG+image) by means of _ETRANSMIT command.

Message 3 of 12
basman12
in reply to: antoniovinci

thank you for your responce

but when i use i etransmit command it make alot of file whith my original file drawing , i dont know if there is any easy way to keep the logo picture in the same dwg file with out have any other files

thanks

Message 4 of 12
steven.mcvey

Just ensure that the image file is sent along with the DWG and placed in the same directory folder.  When the recipient opens the DWG the image will be found and referenced.

Message 5 of 12
MarySeufert

Insert the image as an OLE object. Then it is not a reference. ~ Mary

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 6 of 12
emelendez

Mary is correct.....however.....the quality of the image may be reduced and the file size may increase greatly. At least that is my experience with OLE objects. I believe there is an option to convert the image to an OLE object after it is already in the drawing. I try to avoid OLE objects so I couldn't tell ya where to start to convert an already attached image.

However, I can tell you one way to insert an OLE object.

1. open said image in and editing program (ie paint)

2. creat a window around the image

3. right click and select "copy" or hit CTRL+C

4. in autocad, hit CTRL+V

tadaaa!!!! OLE object created.

Enjoy.

Edwin Melendez
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 Certified Professional
Certification No. 00319327
Message 7 of 12
wfberry
in reply to: emelendez

The best way to solve this is to:

1.  Convert it to a dwg block.  (Not simple but cheap programs can get close enough that you can edit it.)

or

2.  Draw it in AutoCAD.

Bill

Message 8 of 12
antoniovinci
in reply to: wfberry

wfberry wrote:

The best way

Well, vectorizing a bitmap maybe is the best way for you masochist guy, sir...

Another trick is to attach the image as a link to a FTP site, so the DWG size won't be affected, and there's no problem about the relative paths: of course, the logo appears as long as the Autocad workstation has Internet access...

Message 9 of 12
MarySeufert

@antoniovinci wrote:

Well, vectorizing a bitmap maybe is the best way for you masochist guy, sir...

Another trick is to attach the image as a link to a FTP site...

I think if I received that I would want to inflict pain on whoever sent it. So who is the masochist?! Smiley Wink

OLE is the best way for the OP's immediate need. Vectorizing your company's logo is best practice IMHO. Do it once and your free of this pain forever...

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 10 of 12
emelendez
in reply to: MarySeufert

HAHAHAHAAA!!!!! Smiley Very Happy

These posts have made me feel a bit more comfortable about my sense of humor. I rule that all of us who have spent many years behind a mouse are masochistic......in some sort of way. We have all put ourselves and others through a painful process at least once.

And I agree with Mary's summary....quickfix, OLE object. Best practice, vectorize the logo.

Luckily for me, my company has a graphics department so we have them vecotize logos for us......see.....that's masochistic behavior Smiley Happy

Edwin Melendez
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 Certified Professional
Certification No. 00319327
Message 11 of 12
antoniovinci
in reply to: MarySeufert

Sweet Mary, evidently you didn't understand what I meant...

Be patient until tomorrow, 'cause ain't no Autocad at home, and you're gonna change your mind, trust me.

Message 12 of 12
antoniovinci

@ Mary

In the attached file, the classic CHROMA file with an "external" JPEG logo.

The clever aspect of this technique is: if you change the logo (or a raster map, or any image you linked) in the FTP server, every drawing sent to your customers will be updated automatically.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report