Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pasting surfaces

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ces
Advocate
406 Views, 4 Replies

pasting surfaces

I have a finished grade surface created from contours. I coppied that surface into a new surface called it "pavement". Placed a boundary around the paved area, and lowered it 1.25'. when I try to paste "pavement" back into finished grade, it is not listed as an option in the dialog box. this is the way I used to do it in LDD, am I missing something ?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ces
Advocate
in reply to: ces

I have found that if I create a new surface from contours for pavement that I can place a boundary around it, lower it and paste it into finished grade, no problem. but if I create a new surface and paste finished grade into it then place a boundary on it and lower it I can not paste that surface back into finished grade. don't know why, but at least I know how to get around it.

Message 3 of 5
Jeff_M

In your first message you said you copied the surface into another. If, instead, you actually pasted it (which it sounds like, based on the second post) then you cannot then paste it back. As this woud create a circular reference FG->editedFG->FG->EditedFG->etc, so it would eventually crash. C3D knows this, so it prevents you from trying.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 4 of 5
ces
Advocate
in reply to: Jeff_M

Jeff,

yes, I could not find a "copy" command so I created a new surface and pasted the finished grade surface into it. I thought this might be the case, thank you...

Message 5 of 5
Joe-Bouza

ACAD copy. 0,0,0

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report