Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

parcels and subgrouping

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
npet1985
146 Views, 1 Reply

parcels and subgrouping

1. I have created a parcel

When i go to prospector -- sites -- site1 -- parcels --  standard 1

2. I want to make this parcel (standard 1) into a number of lots, 

When this is done should i now see  prospector -- sites -- site1 -- parcels --  standard 1

standard 2

standard 3

standard 4

So essentially i would like to know if it is possible for the smaller lots to be a subgroup of the parcel (standard 1) instead of creating separate parcels for each lot.

thanks alot

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
david.zavislan
in reply to: npet1985

The only way that I have been able to manage parcels in this scenario it to use multiple sites:

1.  Create original parcel in parcels site.

2.  Create a second site named lots.

3.  Use the parcel Copy To function to copy the original parcel to the lots site.

4.  Subdivide the lots version of the parcel into the four lots.

This allows you to maintain the original parcel and have the four lot parcels.  However, as a copy, the outer boundary of the four lots will not be dynamically linked to the original parcel boundary.  Any edits made to the original parcel will also need to made to the lots site parcels as well.

If you are only interested in displaying the original parcel boundary, you could use the site parcel style and site area label style options in the Site Parcel Properties.

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report