Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

parcel layer question.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
alexkonieczka
1343 Views, 6 Replies

parcel layer question.

I make parcels in a base dwg and make separate layers for each parcel and labels moving them off the default layer zero.

i xref the base and then try freezing all the parcel layers and the go away but i am left with a copy of the parcel lines on xref layer zero with no control over it.

is there a way to fix this problem?

thanks, alex

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
AllenJessup
in reply to: alexkonieczka

Try looking for a C-BNDY (or BNDRY) in the Xref and freeze it. I don't have C3D open to check.

Allen Jessup

from my nook tablet

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
alexkonieczka
in reply to: AllenJessup

i froze all the xref layers and they still show up on xref layer 0 you can not edit.

Message 4 of 7
Jeff_M

Check the Parcel styles in the Xref. 

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

It sounds like it could be an Object Layer issue.  If you haven't set up your object layers they all default to 0.  It seems as though all C3D objects are "controlled" by 2 layers - the layer in Object Layers (default of 0) and the layer you specify in creating the label style.

Set up your Object Layers by:

Toolspace Settings Tab > right click drawing name > select edit drawing settings > Object Layers tab of new window

Changing the "general segment label" layer will get your direction arrows for bearings off of layer 0, important for stb plotting, as my office uses

Setting up your 4 parcel labels will take them off of 0 and put them on what you specify

These layers here are over ridden by the annotation labeling layers, but also still control the label - shut off layer 0 and all your labels go away.  I'm still a little confused by it myself but this seems to work for me.

Message 6 of 7

thanks, i will give that a try.

Message 7 of 7
jmayo-EE

I think wetsnow hit the nail on the head with the object layers. You should be able to turn off and/or freeze any and all of the parcel, parcel segment and parcel label layers without issue. I also agree it's a bit confusing. Here is a screen grab of settings that work nice for all C3D objects...except for surfaces with styles displaying slopes or elevations. This is of course just an example. Modify as needed for your company's standards and needs.

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report