Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

overall slowness by 1 user on shared computer

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
torner
159 Views, 1 Reply

overall slowness by 1 user on shared computer

We have a shared computer that a few co-workers all use C3D on. We each copied some clients standards to various C drive locations including some C:\<user> folders. One user suddenly expierenced very slow opening of C3D (noted it kinda would stick at one of the Aecc...loading file) and once it opened, could not open a C3D file (alignment, profile, corridor type dwg). A small file with only text and no C3D files would open.

Other users could open these C3D files on the computer using their login, no slowness.

I realize this is vague and near impossible to pinpoint. I wonder if a Uninstall/Reinstall is a likely solution. This may require copying standard files again (a real pain). Any suggestions/tips?

Civil3D 2012 SP1

Win7

HP Z400 Workstation

Interl Xeon CPU

16 GB Ram

64-bit OS

Tom
C3D 2012 sp4\C3D 2014 sp2
W7Pro 64bit
HP Z400 Workstation
16 GB RAM
Intel Xeon CPU W3565@3.20GHz
NVIDIA Quadro 4000
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
michael.robertson
in reply to: torner

When only one user on a shared PC has problems it usually points to either the User's Windows profile as a problem or their C3D profile causing the problem.

I would start by deleting the users C3D profile:

Delete C:\Users\<userName>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\C3D 2013\enu\Support\Profiles from the folder system

Delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R18.2\ACAD-A000:409\Profiles registry key

Civil3D will create these with defaults the first time a user starts C3D.

Mike Robertson
FL. Dept. of Transportation
CADD Applications Developer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report