AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

*Landman
Message 1 of 3 (58 Views)

orbit performance

58 Views, 2 Replies
12-15-2004 11:13 AM
Good Day All. Question regarding performance in the orbit window. I have a corridor that is constructed out of 14 baselines and 5 different assemblies. During the orbit view it is slooooowww. Samples run at 10m along straight segments and around the bulb and curb returns I brought it down to 2. I have a gig of ram and a ATI fire gl 128Meg dual monitor card. Intel p4 3gig What would you recommend??? more ram???? or could it be the card?????
*James Wedding
Message 2 of 3 (58 Views)

Re: orbit performance

12-15-2004 11:48 AM in reply to: *Landman
All of the above? Render materials on the subassemblies? What's your 3d view of the assemblies? Surfaces? Frames? etc. You'd probably want 2G and a 128M video at least to try and handle that smoothly. -- James Wedding, P.E. Technology Manager Associate Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G LDT2005+C3D2005
*H Gohel
Message 3 of 3 (58 Views)

Re: orbit performance

12-15-2004 01:17 PM in reply to: *Landman
"Landman" wrote in message news:41c08cd1_3@newsprd01... > I have a corridor that is constructed out of 14 baselines and 5 different > assemblies. During the orbit view it is slooooowww. Samples run at 10m along > straight segments and around the bulb and curb returns I brought it down to > 2. I have a gig of ram and a ATI fire gl 128Meg dual monitor card. Are you using the hardware capabilities of your card for drawing? If not, you could try it since you have the FireGL card: Type in "options" Switch to "System" tab In "Current 3D Graphics display" click on the Properties button In the "Acceleration" group switch to Hardware Experiment with other settings on this page as you feel comfortable, especially the adaptive degradation if the performance problem is during interactive manipulation. -- Himanshu Gohel. Civil3D Team, Autodesk, Inc. Autodesk Civil3D Product Information <>

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs