AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
MonkeyTrainer
Message 1 of 3 (157 Views)
Accepted Solution

old fashioned 3d

157 Views, 2 Replies
11-14-2013 09:32 AM

i may be in the wrong section here but ill give this a try. if this post requires moving, i will do so as quick as i can.

i am doing some old fashioned polyline, extruding type of modeling here. its a simple design, that shouldnt require more than this.

the last time i was doing this type of modeling, i remember setting my UCS planes in terms of snapping to objects much simpler. i can no longer snap to other planes as easily as i used to. is there a depth setting or something? this is almost downright misserable. even setting a 3-point isnt that attainable, and can be a headache do to the fact i cant snap out of my plane! its a 3-point, i need to be able to snap out of my current plane to set a new one! get it right!

this is pretty infuriating, and wastes a lot of time to not be able to snap out of plane when you need to.

like i mentioned, i used to do a lot of this and i remember being able to move objects, extrude to a certain length by snapping (out of current plane!!!!!.) 

my question is, is there a setting that is new or something that destroyed the simplicity of modeling? i know this sounds like a rant but, something has changed. in my opinion (just me) is a heck of a lot more frustrating.

*Expert Elite*
antoniovinci
Message 2 of 3 (149 Views)

Re: old fashioned 3d

11-14-2013 10:16 AM in reply to: MonkeyTrainer

Sir, you posted in the wrong section: here we talk about Autocad Civil/Map, not about kinda "vanilla" commands.

*Expert Elite*
troma
Message 3 of 3 (132 Views)

Re: old fashioned 3d

11-14-2013 11:01 AM in reply to: MonkeyTrainer
OSNAPZ ?

Credit where credit is due! Give kudos or accept as solution whenever you can.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs