Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

old fashioned 3d

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
MonkeyTrainer
276 Views, 2 Replies

old fashioned 3d

i may be in the wrong section here but ill give this a try. if this post requires moving, i will do so as quick as i can.

i am doing some old fashioned polyline, extruding type of modeling here. its a simple design, that shouldnt require more than this.

the last time i was doing this type of modeling, i remember setting my UCS planes in terms of snapping to objects much simpler. i can no longer snap to other planes as easily as i used to. is there a depth setting or something? this is almost downright misserable. even setting a 3-point isnt that attainable, and can be a headache do to the fact i cant snap out of my plane! its a 3-point, i need to be able to snap out of my current plane to set a new one! get it right!

this is pretty infuriating, and wastes a lot of time to not be able to snap out of plane when you need to.

like i mentioned, i used to do a lot of this and i remember being able to move objects, extrude to a certain length by snapping (out of current plane!!!!!.) 

my question is, is there a setting that is new or something that destroyed the simplicity of modeling? i know this sounds like a rant but, something has changed. in my opinion (just me) is a heck of a lot more frustrating.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Sir, you posted in the wrong section: here we talk about Autocad Civil/Map, not about kinda "vanilla" commands.

Message 3 of 3
troma
in reply to: MonkeyTrainer

OSNAPZ ?

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report