AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

*Nick Harper
Message 1 of 3 (48 Views)

nuther license question

48 Views, 2 Replies
11-10-2004 09:42 AM
We are currently doing our inhouse testing/preperations for Civil 3D. I will be doing the bulk of this and it would be easiest to just install the software on my personal laptop. I have been told by our IT dept that adesk now charges extra for installing an "at home" copy so they will not do it. Is this the case now? thanks, Nick
*Drew Burgasser
Message 2 of 3 (48 Views)

Re: nuther license question

11-10-2004 09:53 AM in reply to: *Nick Harper
Hi Nick: If you are running network version of the software, simply install the network version on the laptop and borrow a license when you are away. With network versions, I don't believe there is an avenue for installing "at home" stand-alone copies. I hope that I am wrong. Sincerely, Drew Burgasser CAD Masters, Inc. "Nick Harper" wrote in message news:419252f4$1_2@newsprd01... > We are currently doing our inhouse testing/preperations for Civil 3D. I > will > be doing the bulk of this and it would be easiest to just install the > software on my personal laptop. I have been told by our IT dept that adesk > now charges extra for installing an "at home" copy so they will not do it. > Is this the case now? > > thanks, > > Nick > >
*Jon Rizzo
Message 3 of 3 (48 Views)

Re: nuther license question

11-11-2004 07:34 AM in reply to: *Nick Harper
Alternatively, you can install the network version on your home machine, connect to your office via VPN, borrow a license, and then disconnect from the VPN. "Drew Burgasser" wrote in message news:41925550$1_1@newsprd01... > Hi Nick: > > If you are running network version of the software, simply install the > network version on the laptop and borrow a license when you are away. > > With network versions, I don't believe there is an avenue for installing "at > home" stand-alone copies. I hope that I am wrong. > > Sincerely, > Drew Burgasser > CAD Masters, Inc. > > "Nick Harper" wrote in message > news:419252f4$1_2@newsprd01... > > We are currently doing our inhouse testing/preperations for Civil 3D. I > > will > > be doing the bulk of this and it would be easiest to just install the > > software on my personal laptop. I have been told by our IT dept that adesk > > now charges extra for installing an "at home" copy so they will not do it. > > Is this the case now? > > > > thanks, > > > > Nick > > > > > >

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs